Corsair 620W

Associate
Anyone have a problem with your pc, where it powers up for a few seconds, then restarts. Repeats this process about 4 times and then works fine?

Anyone have any suggestions for this please? (I have eliminated other areas with thanks to help from here before)

Soldato
Spursboy said:
Anyone have any suggestions for this please? (I have eliminated other areas with thanks to help from here before)
Do you mean you have tried unplugging every device, so that you are down to the "bare bones"? Ie: Mobo, Chip, Ram, Graphics Card and HDD?

You tried booting up like that? That's what I would suggest, then add other devices back in, one by one.

C64

C64

Soldato
That happens to me on "certain bios's" with my ds3 f10 bios solved it
+ could be a dodgy overclock issue i would'nt point finger at psu straight off the bat when you say you have eliminated everything else could you expand knowing your rig would be helpful.
is it overclocked ? whats the vcore? etc etc etc

Associate
OP
Ah sorry for not including the rig, seem to have asked so many people, i forget to give the intricate details.

I have tried removing all but the needed components, my rig is:

E6600 (not overclocked - will do as soon as this is sorted tho)
DS3 rev 2.0
GeiL 2gb 800Mhz
8800gts 640mb
620W Corsair
150mb Raptor (SATA)
DVD (SATA)

Nothing is overclocked yet, as I would like to sort this out first. I really hope its not the PSU and its just a BIOS setting, cos that would save so much time and effort.

I have tried loading back to defaults on the CMOS, but to no avail.

I haven't as yet tried my old PSU.

I have tried removing all but the needed components, as in CPU, gfx, 1 stick of RAM, but iirc i still had this problem, but i could be mistaken - i'll have a second go at this tonight.

Only reason I mentioned the PSU as thats what people have suggested to me could be at fault, and I was wondering if someone has had a similar issue with modular and all thats required is to move rails.

Cheers again

Soldato
Spursboy said:
Only reason I mentioned the PSU as thats what people have suggested to me could be at fault, and I was wondering if someone has had a similar issue with modular and all thats required is to move rails.

Cheers again
I know it will be a pain, but I would suggest testing your machine with another PSU if you can. And at the same time, try it with just the mobo, cpu, ram, gfx and hdd. If it's still happening then as C64 said, it could be something to do with the BIOS. But then if it's still happening, at least your PSU should be fine.

Have you checked if you're on the latest BIOS version for the mobo?

Associate
OP
nade said:
I know it will be a pain, but I would suggest testing your machine with another PSU if you can. And at the same time, try it with just the mobo, cpu, ram, gfx and hdd. If it's still happening then as C64 said, it could be something to do with the BIOS. But then if it's still happening, at least your PSU should be fine.

Have you checked if you're on the latest BIOS version for the mobo?

I havent checked that im on the latest BIOS, I dont mean to sound rude, but would this actually make a difference? (dont mean to be naive)

Im happy to try anything at this stage; I know a lot of people get angry with faulty parts of whatever, but im actually enjoying the challenge :o

Soldato
Spursboy said:
I havent checked that im on the latest BIOS, I dont mean to sound rude, but would this actually make a difference? (dont mean to be naive)

Im happy to try anything at this stage; I know a lot of people get angry with faulty parts of whatever, but im actually enjoying the challenge :o
Well to be honest, I don't know if a BIOS update will resolve your problem. You could always send Gigabyte support an email and ask if they have seen a similar problem :)

EDIT: Looked at the latest BIOS, but can't really see a document which shows the fixes/updates which the latest BIOS has.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the help either way.

Im gonna try my old PSU when i get back home, then depending on what happens I'll try playing with the BIOS :)

Back
Top Bottom