Easyrider's Journey Into Phase...

Soldato
Aren't there ways of manually setting the core voltage? Blocking some of the pins I believe bumps you up several notches. Not sure if that's along with the bump from the mobo or if it will end up the same either way.

Associate
ArchAnGeL said:
need more volts that the p5n-e can supply really. Falls over in orthos at 4.1 but can run dual superpi.

Thats pretty decent for a 6400 really (assuming it is a 6400?) you might well be running out of mobo rather than CPU voltage tbh. 512 FSB is pretty good for the P5N :)

Soldato
easyrider said:
Nice find but he would need more than 1.6ghz for higher clocks

heh.. I wonder if it's possible to supply volts from an external source to the CPU. Would be an interesting project for someone with a spare mobo and cpu and the time to work on it.

Caporegime
OP
Right guys I'm back,

After an in depth converstaion with messiah khan lol. :)

Windows is on and im idling at -35c

Remember this is unit thats quieter than most so I'm pleased to at least have it up and running.

I have some pics of my insualtion install I'll post them in a bit ,I have to install a second psu to trick the phase to stay on all the time when I'm clocking.

Once I have the ultimate clock I can then setup the unit as a normal install.

Its anoying having the phase unit switch itself off then waiting for it to start again so the next step is getting a second PSU hotwired to the phase.

Thanks for all the interest BTW its keeping me going.

It took me 4 attemps to get the head seated correctly !

Last edited:
Associate
easyrider said:
Right guys I'm back,

After an in depth converstaion with messiah khan lol. :)

Windows is on and im idling at -35c

Remember this is unit thats quieter than most so I'm pleased to at least have it up and running.

I have some pics of my insualtion install I'll post them in a bit ,I have to install a second psu to trick the phase to stay on all the time when I'm clocking.

Once I have the ultimate clock I can then setup the unit as a normal install.

Its anoying having the phase unit switch itself off then waiting for it to start again so the next step is getting a second PSU hotwired to the phase.

Thanks for all the interest BTW its keeping me going.

It took me 4 attemps to get the head seated correctly !

Is that the core temp or evapourator temp?

Caporegime
OP
Ok I fixed up a second psu so the Phase wouldn't shut down after saving from the bios.

4ghz @ 1.65v in bios

I apologise for the time but I want to push it further than 4ghz so hence just the screenie without 8hrs stabilty.

22mins4ghz.jpg

4ghzidle.jpg

Nice speed on the ram too with nice tight timings.

This is so much fun :D

Glad the P5B is a nice clocker too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom