• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Associate
neo202020 said:
I think you can be sure it would be too expensive, too buggy or both to sell in large numbers tho'.
Well, no, the idea was that, if the standard were taken up, there would no longer be any such thing as an "SLI motherboard" or a "Crossfire motherboard" at all. Instead all graphics cards that supported multi-GPU operation under any circumstances would be capable of operating in multi-GPU mode on all motherboards that sported more than one x16 PCIe slot.

However, that's all purely theoretical and in the future....

Associate

Not sure if you followed this whole thread but Gibbo was suggesting it's better than a GTX at GTS prices so given that this is a huge disappointment, to put it mildly.

OcUK Staff
OP
neo202020 said:
Not sure if you followed this whole thread but Gibbo was suggesting it's better than a GTX at GTS prices so given that this is a huge disappointment, to put it mildly.

Hi there

My testing was limited, I had only a few games to try but I was impressed. However proper reviews will be able to show a true to how good or bad the card is. At the moment people should not be taking too much notice of whats currently on the internet, wait for some proper reviews and then decide. :)

Soldato
neo202020 said:

Isn't it just price-competitive? All these stories are spoilers to stop users buying 8800GTS's and/or 8600GT's. I'm glad I bought my graphics cards early on as I've had good use from them, I've lost a small fortune in depreciation, but I've had good use of them.

Associate
WJA96 said:
Isn't it just price-competitive? All these stories are spoilers to stop users buying 8800GTS's and/or 8600GT's. I'm glad I bought my graphics cards early on as I've had good use from them, I've lost a small fortune in depreciation, but I've had good use of them.

Well, you'd have to ask why Gibbo, someone who is interested in selling cards, would spread rumours like that then :D

I am waiting for the R600 to come out to give the 8800s some competition before I upgrade. I've got most of the little bits (PSU, HDD, case, CPU fan) but waiting for drops on the bigger parts (CPUs just dropped, RAM is plummeting)...

Soldato
Bobmunkhouse said:
Does anyone Know when the NDA ends or when we might see this card to buy? Also if it come with one of them valve coupons with free games that will save me money?

May 14th has been floated around a bit.

Back
Top Bottom