• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 6320/6420 Overclocking Thread***

Soldato
Quit the 'dudes', your like Gibbo with his 'Hi there'

Max vcore is the max you feel safe under the cooling you have.

Would have thought 1.5-6 max for top air/water as a ballpark figure.

Associate
o damn 1000Mhz 4-4-4-12 1T is NOT stable ive had to reboot about 10 times lol. Im now back at 900Mhz 4-4-4-12 2T.

Also i think im maxed out cpu clock wise, my stock cooler is holding my cpu back at 2.9Ghz @ 71c. Just orderd a zalman 9500 aero flower and a 92mm akasa amber for my case :)

Last edited:
Associate
snazzy_dazzy said:
lmao same here. It crashes @ 4-4-4-12 1T @ 1000Mhz. However 4-4-4-12 @ 2T @ 1000Mhz is fine. :(

I have got the ram to 1293mhz @ 5-5-5-18. What would be the next optimum timings? The top it can do is 6-7-7-31 :eek:

Here is the CPU @ 3.4ghz superpi score
<SNIP>

14secs is an improvement on my previous 29 secs :D

i am also now stable at 4-4-4-12 2T 1000Mhz :D

just need better cooling now for cpu so i can catch you up snazzy :p

Associate
snazzy_dazzy said:
lmao same here. It crashes @ 4-4-4-12 1T @ 1000Mhz. However 4-4-4-12 @ 2T @ 1000Mhz is fine. :(

I have got the ram to 1293mhz @ 5-5-5-18. What would be the next optimum timings? The top it can do is 6-7-7-31 :eek:

Here is the CPU @ 3.4ghz superpi score

SADASD.jpg

14secs is an improvement on my previous 29 secs :D

here is my superpi at 3.5

3-2.jpg

Associate
snazzy_dazzy said:
Try and get 1275mhz @ 2t on your ram :D

Do you cooling for your ram.

Havent myself, but wondering if i need to :confused: :o

i couldnt get 1275 Mhz, i managed to get 1100Mhz and 5-5-5-18 2T with a slight voltage increase.

untitled2oi3.jpg

which would be batter the 1100Mhz with the slacker timings or 1000Mhz with tighter timings, Which has greater performance?? :confused:

Associate
I dunno havnt tried but i think ive ****ed my memory, just ran memtest and got 6 errors at only 6.2% coverage :eek: :( :( :( .

It might be because im running vista x64 but i doubt it :(

Soldato
snazzy_dazzy said:
"which would be batter the 1100Mhz with the slacker timings or 1000Mhz with tighter timings, Which has greater performance??
snazzy_dazzy, thanks for posting up your CPU results but could you please stop posting so much stuff off topic, you really should have posted a lot of this memory stuff in a seperate thread in another forum.

Try and concentrate the posts here on the CPU overclocks and slow down why don't you? Most of the stuff you are posting is useless if you don't included stability tests.

I'm not sure why you have made so many off topic posts in this thread, people are reading this to get an idea of how these CPU's overclock, not to give you a personal walkthrough on how to install a hard disk, or to see how far you can overclock your memory or to read about how many floor tiles its takes to cover your floor, take a hint buddy and slow down! :)

Associate
Big.Wayne said:
snazzy_dazzy, thanks for posting up your CPU results but could you please stop posting so much stuff off topic, you really should have posted a lot of this memory stuff in a seperate thread in another forum.

Try and concentrate the posts here on the CPU overclocks and slow down why don't you? Most of the stuff you are posting is useless if you don't included stability tests.

I'm not sure why you have made so many off topic posts in this thread, people are reading this to get an idea of how these CPU's overclock, not to give you a personal walkthrough on how to install a hard disk, or to see how far you can overclock your memory or to read about how many floor tiles its takes to cover your floor, take a hint buddy and slow down! :)

Actually I've found reading Snazz's inner monlogue quite interesting. It sounds like 3.5ghz is the highest stable clock he can get, but if it boots or even posts at 3.7ghz it probably means that with a better motherboard and/or cooling, the chip can go further.

Permabanned
There you go Big Wayne. Taken my posts away.

TBH I am ****** sick of people like you, wanna be forum police.

What gives you the right to criticise my posts.

I have posted overclock results on a little known chip that a lot of people have expressed a great deal of interest.

I have overclocked Ram which a lot of people are interested in.

However you seem to have this weird notion of how things should be run your way, and to be quite honest I dont follow it, and you seem to think you can patronise me.

I left it on overnight at my previously highest overclock for 8hrs. I cant post stability tests after I have just overclocked it. I thought you would realise that :rolleyes:

I think i will take my overclock to another forum. Maybe they wont be so pedantic

Last edited:
Soldato
plz dont lol, i was enjoying reading this as an e6420 was going to be my next cpu and i was unsure about the crucial ram too but i can now see its fantastic stuff, i'll most likely get a ds3 mobo as i aint got a clue about these newer chips etc and thats the most talked about mid priced mobo.

i was also going to ask if you had counterstrike source so you could maybe run a timedemo to see how much the overclock helps, my mate tested a e6600 at stock speeds and the results were identicle to mine (specs in sig) but he hasn't overclocked it yet so i dont know the gains of upgrading with the intent to o/c.

if you do go and dont post back then good luck with the chip and thanks for the info so far :D

Soldato
snazzy_dazzy said:
you seem to think you can patronise me.
No, just highlighting the fact that you were paying more attention to your post count than supplying any decent info, looks like you can't take any constructive critism and have gone and spammed this thread to death now?

If you feel like it post a stability screenshot of your overclock please (like the others have done), a picture paints a thousand words, but in your case a picture paints ten thousand words! :)

Hint: If you wanna bimble away start a thread of your own and post whatever you like.

Caporegime
just read through all of his posts and they are all the same, obviously all been edited by himself, why?

this thread looks so poor now
also he has done multiple posts 1 after the other even up to 4 in a row maybe more, seems like a new thread is needed, sorry easyrider but this one looks pathetic now with all that spam

Associate
Psycho Sonny said:
just read through all of his posts and they are all the same, obviously all been edited by himself, why?

this thread looks so poor now
also he has done multiple posts 1 after the other even up to 4 in a row maybe more, seems like a new thread is needed, sorry easyrider but this one looks pathetic now with all that spam

Can the spam posts be deleted by admin?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom