Asus MW221U 22" Ghosting in games.

Associate
Got mine back from ASUS australia and not a single change . All 3 tests posted here show ghosting OD on and none OD off.

Can UK users reconfirm so I can link to the posts

1 After fix the boxes link shows no ghosting even if the window is dragged with OD enabled

2. That when OD off is selected the screen clearly blanks like the selection OD on does. I remember a post re this back a page or two . Prior to the fix the selection of OD off did no blanking.
Mine gives a flicker really a momentary blanking but too fast for a blank screen to register to the eye.

3 Did the worksheet supplied with the returned monitor mention a firmware version number that was installed, mine said v64e.

Seems aussie ASUS sucks as they have not been told of the update .

Last edited:
Associate
well that really sucks.

im tempted to rig up asus head office tomorrow and ask them, and give them an absolute blast, and i want my money back.

i shall do it tomorrow i think.

no reply from perth yet.

Associate
rhysxanthis said:
well that really sucks.

im tempted to rig up asus head office tomorrow and ask them, and give them an absolute blast, and i want my money back.

i shall do it tomorrow i think.

no reply from perth yet.

I at least got a version 64e installed. I have asked my asus contact several times for the version that fixed the issue. That is why I need the UK returnees info before I can getup Asus here re this.

Associate
After the firmware fix, there is no ghost at all when the boxes are moving around, or if you drag and move the window manually, everything looks perfect. There is also no ghosting with the .avi videos.

When changing between ON/OFF I can't see any flicking, I remember it used to do it with the old firmware when moving from OFF to ON, but not anymore.

The only "annoying" thing I can see with the new firmware is that if i turn off the monitor from the power socket , some settings as colors/sharp/contrast are lost, but I can live with that (less eco 8)

And regarding the return info, the RMA form (excel xls) only have the ASUS uk return address.

Associate
Dubi said:
After the firmware fix, there is no ghost at all when the boxes are moving around, or if you drag and move the window manually, everything looks perfect. There is also no ghosting with the .avi videos.

When changing between ON/OFF I can't see any flicking, I remember it used to do it with the old firmware when moving from OFF to ON, but not anymore.

The only "annoying" thing I can see with the new firmware is that if i turn off the monitor from the power socket , some settings as colors/sharp/contrast are lost, but I can live with that (less eco 8)

And regarding the return info, the RMA form (excel xls) only have the ASUS uk return address.

Thanks Ok so now no blanking of screen interesting I still get a full blank screen when i go off to on?

The green service form that was attached to the return box has an action taken box which on mine says firmware updated =>v64e

Associate
I finally got a phone call from Darren who said that my monitor will be back tomorrow woohoo! Better cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Associate
I find it odd that many ASUS support ppl are saying there's no firmware update, yet they are now up to version 64e? lol! I think many as well as I had the v59 firmware.

Another issue I have is I'd thin kwe are entitled to know what the firmware does. Anyone get something from ASUS stating exactly what they changed?

Associate
CSpaR said:
Another issue I have is I'd thin kwe are entitled to know what the firmware does. Anyone get something from ASUS stating exactly what they changed?

I wish..... I have been trying to extract that from Asus TW and how to get the service menu up as well as version number. Pity Vasco left he sounds as if he could have helped here.

Found an email where I asked what was changed as well as ghosting answer was
"As to what exactly has been done, even us TSD has no idea of it"

Tells a lot ...not

Last edited:
Associate
Got it back just a few minutes ago. Hmm it seems the ghosting has disappeared and the colours seem to look a tad better than before. Could be just my old screen I was using, seems like hell compared to this. So glad everything is fixed now except for the squeling but I can live with that.

Associate
Erm I don't think so. Everything came as I handed it in to them earlier last weeks if I remember correctly. I'll keep a lookout when I start clearing everything up, my room is still a mess after installing the monitor again.

Associate
Mine was a green form within an "Invoice enclosed" sticky pouch on the outside of the box . Of course this may be country dependent.

We in OZ had another returned today his at first test appears to be fiixed BUT he had an empty invoice pouch so we cannot compare versions. Further testing shows ghosting still there same as mine.

If you find anything please let we aussies know.
thanks for taking the time.

Last edited:
Associate
Is there any way to do it manually?
The local importer does not acknowledge the issue (I had to refer them to this thread..)

Associate
Tomer said:
Is there any way to do it manually?
The local importer does not acknowledge the issue (I had to refer them to this thread..)
No as a special DVI to serial cable required so i have been told.

What country?

Asus still hasnt told any of their service agencies re this except Uk and the Aussie 1 knows there is a fix but has the wrong firmware version to update it to. I am still trying to wake their HQ up re this.

Associate
a) got mine doen - darren brown was the service guy and very helpful.

b) previous to that I had raised a ticket on asus international site and they emailed me back that it was a problem & bios fix for it and that I needed to get an RMT form so they do know at international level.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is <rmvd> and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem today.

The firmware update need special tool, so you can send the LCD monitor to our RMA center to complete the update. Basically, we hope customers can get quick support through distribution channel. Please contact your retailer for RMA service. We will solve your problem as soon as possible.If they cannot help you, please let me know, I will pass your case to our relative department to deal with it.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Anyway if you still have any problem or the problem still exists, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for the support!

Best regards and have a nice day!

Welcome to refer FAQ (Frequently Asked Questio! ns) for ASUS products in ASUS website:http://support.asus.com/faq/faq.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Yours sincerely,

<rmvd>

ASUS Customer Service Center(China)

Associate
Andric said:
a) got mine doen - darren brown was the service guy and very helpful.

Any possibility of you contacting Darren and asking him what version is being updated to. As mentioned above I had mine done in Australia but it did not fix the issue .

I emailed Darren 10 days ago but no answer .

Once I find the version I can request it be used. They installed v64e on mine.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok posts here few and far between from UK users I assume all now updated?

Got this from asus TW implies box test ghosts on most LCDs can someone please check some if you have access to other 2ms lcds

I checked a 5ms sammy 204b and another owner a new LG 2ms. I think I saw someone said no ghosting evident on a sammy 226bw. Any help here appreciated.

I have confirmed brightness is an issue with the box test I set it at 45 and no ghosting though the mouse pointer and text still showed it when moved over certain backgrounds.

I also see that the panel resets to default when turned off that is not good.

Email below for your interest

Quote:
Sorry, still busy due to Computex, so got to cut this short.

Honestly speaking, this problem really does not occur on most of the cases, that's why they are hard to detect and fix, and also why it took so long for a fix.

Please give me your serial number, I will launch RMA request for you for a quick TAT with update to 063 firmware and see how to think of this version. If this version still does not satisfy you, then you may have to wait for the next version, which was due to release in the next one or two weeks time.

I passed on this 1 said I will wait for the next update

PS: So far we managed to fix ghost issue in most cases, apart from that moving block one, which seem to occur on not only this model, but most other models tests, regardless of ASUS or other vendors.

I need confirmation here.

http://www.zen24223.zen.co.uk/asus.htm

By the way, how did you test the monitor after getting their firmware upgraded by our service centers? Any information will be welcome.

I told him just dragging the windows mail email reply box around ghosts the text and moving the mouse over a off white background like the surround of this post reply box leaves a trail.

Back
Top Bottom