Average Electricity Bill/Month (in London)

Associate
I'm moving to London soon, will be renting a studio appartment in the city of Westminister.

Can anyone tell me how much their electricty bill is per month?
And the number of people are living there, and estimated usage etc.

I doubt Electricity varies by much in Westminster from any other area. But as everything else costs more I oughta ask.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
£1,300 per year, just outside london :p

i turn lights off now.

(thats a lie btw. the last bll was 1300 after that apparently "miscalculated" since i moved in 4 years ago... generally its about 750)

Soldato
it's more our lifestyle than the quantity of us.

We are taking steps to improve it though. Energy efficient light bulbs that dont really do anything. Started installing switch banks to turn multiple appliances off completely rather than standby (TV/DVD/VCR/Sky Box for example, have a switch for them all in an easily accessible location)

I dont download overnight anymore :p

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
calnen said:
4 of us in a shared house, elec is about £500 a year, gas is about £300. (I think.)

Wow, you guys must skimp like crazy! If I'd even mentioned turning the heating off over Winter I'd have been lynched.

Associate
Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in Westminster is your flat going to be?

I'm currently renting a studio apartment in westminster, and my electricity bill this year is £166.77. I have a feeling when they read the meter though it's going to go up - i have a fair amount electrical goods plugged in that the previous tenant didn't have.

If you want to know any of the other bill costs, let me know, and i'll try and dig them up.

Associate
OP
huppy said:
Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in Westminster is your flat going to be?

I'm currently renting a studio apartment in westminster, and my electricity bill this year is £166.77. I have a feeling when they read the meter though it's going to go up - i have a fair amount electrical goods plugged in that the previous tenant didn't have.

If you want to know any of the other bill costs, let me know, and i'll try and dig them up.

Just north of Oxford St. (the West side)

It's listed as being in Mayfair, but i think that side of oxford street is Marylebone.

What are the water bills like? Are you paying the yearly rate, or metered?

Soldato
Ok well these are my guesses p/m

Electricity - £20
Gas - £20
Water - £25

Also do you know if you get cable internet, you don't need a BT line (i.e. one extra cost I can do without!

Back
Top Bottom