The Official Samsung SM226BW Thread!

Soldato
bobsparkle said:
Hey, well im new to this forum and i have pretty much all of this thread reagarding this monitor. Before reading this thread i was really looking forward to getting this monitor but now i am not so sure. I am what you would call a novice, i dont really know much about monitors and certainly dont know anything about getting all the correct colour settings. I was just hoping for plug and play. So alas im not so sure anymore. I have been looking at the LG L226WTQ. It seems to be similar to the Samsung. So a bit stuck as to what to do. Should i go with the LG or stick with the Samsung even with its flaws?

i plugged and play, just changed the brightness and contrast and i was away, its not as bad as everyone makes out trust me.... i own one :/

Associate
I agree. I have one of the panels with no identification. Initially after all that I'd read I was disappointed, but to be honest the monitor keeps impressing me day-to-day. I changed the ICC profile and turned the brightness down to 50% and Contrast to 65% and it seems perfect to me.

Yes, it has some bleed but nothing I notice under normal use.

Associate
Yeah I agree.... To see the bleed you have to turn everything down so the screen is black. I then tested it it on 4 games and i couldnt tell where the blee was, even on the very dark areas on Doom3 and Quake 4.

This IS a very good monitor.

Soldato
fRostiE said:
i plugged and play, just changed the brightness and contrast and i was away, its not as bad as everyone makes out trust me.... i own one :/

Well said.

I love that the 'experts' on these things are people who don't own them. :p

Associate
Should i go with the LG or stick with the Samsung even with its flaws?

Don't worry about it. I had my concerns due to the problems people have been having on this forum but I think it's down to a few isolated cases.

No problems for me straight out of the box. Just played a little with contrast and brightness to get the desired setting as you would with any other monitor. I think the colour is spot on, no adjustments of profiles needed and that's how it should be if your buying a new monitor.

Looks better each day I use it, I wasn't that keen on the overall design with the gloss finish but it's really growing on me now, the monitor is pure class. ;)

Associate
Ok thanks guys. Think i might go with the samsung then. I just didn't want to take the risk, of gettin a c panel as most people have said the quality isn't the best. Plus if im paying £270 ish to get it from OC i don't want to end up with a monitor that isn't up to the task. Still have a nagging in the back of my mind, but ill see how i feel over the wk end. Really need a new monitor as my old 19'' Tatung is goosed, and im using my mates old monitor.

Soldato
No one knows what panel they're getting now anyway - and the C Panel for all anyone knows is more than capable of being up to the job.

Associate
Bry
Am I right in looking at your profiles that you have only adjusted the brightness?
Your link says all colours left at 50, the default.

If so colour on mine is the washed out blue, they need adjusting on mine to reduce the blueness.

I find greyscales show this up quite well, well, it did with my other monitor in dual mode.

Associate
£281.99 I LOVE ocuk but that price hmm.So glad i got mine to the door for £229 and change.But even they have put the price up to just over £250 to the door.So its not just Ocuk that have had the price change.

Never thought i would say it but bless the purple shirted people.

Bry

Bry

Associate
2Drunk2Funk said:
Bry
Am I right in looking at your profiles that you have only adjusted the brightness?
Your link says all colours left at 50, the default.

If so colour on mine is the washed out blue, they need adjusting on mine to reduce the blueness.

I find greyscales show this up quite well, well, it did with my other monitor in dual mode.

no each profile is calibrated for a specific brightness. the profile itself changes the colours internally but if you change the colours via the monitor they won't look as right.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom