Royal Mail strike tomorrow - how many Posties use this forum?

Soldato
2 people went on strike in my company, i replaced them with foreign staff that worked for 35% less cash.

they should use this system in royal mail, i notice that people always tend to work harder when they know there is someone just waiting to take over thier job if they slip up.

Associate
Damn, I order 2 nice watches yesterday (posted today) one for me and one for my girlfriend and I wouldn't get neither before Monday and they were both special devilery next day, do I even have a chance?

Permabanned
Epyon said:
Damn, I order 2 nice watches yesterday (posted today) one for me and one for my girlfriend and I wouldn't get neither before Monday and they were both special devilery next day, do I even have a chance?

RM stated that the priorities to get stuff delivered today are Special Delivery Mail. You might received your watches today.

Soldato
It seems they are delivering Special Delivery stuff, i recieved 2 special delivery things this morning that were sent yesterday.

Normal mail hasn't come through though yet, won't be waiting on it either.

Permabanned
thing is thou ok go on strike today but then u have a back log of work

so u work harder (or u would think they would) to clear the backlog

so why go on strike ?

where i used to live the local bus comp went on strike for 1 week over pay

local council got in new bus comp :D

Associate
I think its about time the mail system was opened up to competition companies on a national scale. Maybe we'd all get things on time and not broken then.

Associate
I was postie for about a year its not the best paid job in the world but its certainly not the worst, and they get paid extra to deliver the junk mail (Well they did while I was there)

Associate
NiccoLau said:
RM stated that the priorities to get stuff delivered today are Special Delivery Mail. You might received your watches today.

I wish I nagged the selling to sent it for today -.- as I doubt I'll get it tomorrow, next day my ass.

Permabanned
Makes me laugh these Unions, bang on about payrises and looking after its member, but they do nothing until it comes to pay rise talks and at my last place of work it was £130 a year to join the GMB it was cheaper to not join the GMB and take the basic payrise.

Man of Honour
xcessive said:
To be totally honest i dont care about a payrise as i only work part time as im a student. The money for a part time job is higher than the average supermarket self stacker so im happy!
£111.20 a week for 16 hours work.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
cheets64 said:
Makes me laugh these Unions, bang on about payrises and looking after its member, but they do nothing until it comes to pay rise talks and at my last place of work it was £130 a year to join the GMB it was cheaper to not join the GMB and take the basic payrise.

What's GMB?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
ChrisJSY said:
I've couriered items all over the world to and from, and nothing's worse than the UK postal system (whoever it is). It seems to not matter who the company I chose, it's more like the Hubs.

I can get something sent over in a just over aday from the other side of the world for it to sit in old blimey for a week before it leaves for Jersey.

It happens over and over and over, wasting money on an express service because the standard ones take 4 weeks +.

You know i'd be happy it for once they'd at least do a speedy delivery and second, jersey post guys leave stuff in public view instead of posting it through the letter box!!!

[general rant about posties]

And I know it's not all of them, so, don't take it personally.
What a load of crap you are talking :rolleyes: Royal Mail do a decent job overall.

Underboss
sbi5ar said:
guy in the post office told me when i was posting a next day delivery package (today) that it would get there on................... MONDAY???!?!?!?!?!?1?!11?!1/1?!?! WTF....... NEXT DAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

yes becuase they are never garanteed to arrive Saturday as its not a public working day or something, so yes, Monday

Back
Top Bottom