No Smoking Signs. Why?

Associate
The no smoking signs have gone up on the entrance to the office. Seemed slight overkill to me as I havent smoked in any office for over 10 years.

I understand that it may be needed to reinforce the knowledge that any internal space is non smoking. However when a place has been non-smoking for years on end it seems a little far to go.

Associate
LizardKing said:
Was on the radio about a piano teacher who cant smoke in her own home now due to the new laws :rolleyes:

Im all for the new laws but the pen pushers are making a mokery of the country

the piano teacher one is going a bit far, i mean the police should really turn a blind eye to that as long as the teacher isn't smoking around a student/s maybe for like an hour of so before hand maybe

but as for public knowledge i've only just recently seen the signs with the ban being mentioned on it, were two on the bus being hard to read stating the plethora of places you wont be able to smoke anymore

but the no smoking signs around the place are hardly noticable, i dont even recall seeing a single one yet apart from the old international symbols

Baz

Baz

Soldato
~J~ said:
Can't smoke in a company vehicle.

You can if it is your company car and only you have use of it. If you drive a company vehicle that non smokers use you can't.

If you couldn't, the lorry drivers would all strike on Monday ;)

Associate
Ive only seen signs around to warn of 1st July, i was expecting that they would be taken down after a while anyway. Besides, the amount of money the goverment could make from not putting up signs and instead catching people out when they did it.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Just reading the "law" so to speak from the governments website, in relation to cars, Hovercraft are exempt from the law, so if you have a company car, when it is up for renewal, get a hovercraft, you can have a fag then :p

Aircraft are also exempt, though Helicopters are slightly more expensive than Hovercraft :)

Permabanned
So, do you phone the number to grass on your passenger whilst driving, or do you find a safe place, pull over and then phone? By which time though, the passenger has finished the fag!

Soldato
www.stupidlaw.org.uk seems quite relevant :D

wo2v1840.jpg

wo2v4455.jpg

Permabanned
CF93 said:
Not only are the signs compulsory, but they're a new design which is being imposed by the Government......and which doesn't comply with the international standard no smoking sign design :rolleyes:

So now every building, company vehicle etc has to have a UK-only no smoking sign....and where there's a requirement to have the official international sign, one of those as well!

Yea even my block of flats has signs all over the place its madness it wont stop anyone from smoking in the stair wells

Soldato
I've never noticed a problem with no smoking signs, and there has been a ban in Scotland for over a year now. Stop making a big deal out of nothing just to try and wind people up.

Soldato
Im amazed we are not allowed to smoke AFTER we finish work. We clock out and thats it, but not allowed to smoke on the way to the car, bus etc.

If my missus picks me up from work and she has a fag on, I'd normaly say "gizza drag". Not no more.... If I/we are seen smoking in our own cars AFTER we finish work we can get the sack.

Man of Honour
And don't forget boys and girls that if you have a social worker coming round your house you can't smoke for about 5 hours before they come.
This will be a good way to get rid of double glazing salesman - 'Sorry I can't let you in because you might die of passive smoking'.

Soldato
Our work place is taking the law that one bit futher too. No smoking on the premesis at all. Smokers have to go off site for a fag.

When does the ban actually start?? I know Sunday 1st, but is that at midnight? Gonna be an interesting night out if people have to outside for a fag from midnight only.

Soldato
RoB- said:
Our work place is taking the law that one bit futher too. No smoking on the premesis at all. Smokers have to go off site for a fag.

When does the ban actually start?? I know Sunday 1st, but is that at midnight? Gonna be an interesting night out if people have to outside for a fag from midnight only.

No. That is the Law.. Your company isnt taking it a step further. The law states you are not allowed to smoke on the premises, that include carparks and loading bays etc.. Thats why we are not allowed to smoke in our own cars AFTER we clock out from work..

Silly really.

Back
Top Bottom