Just visited a Detention Centre

Associate
ElRazur said:
Are suggesting we spend more to fix the broken computers so they can have some basic computer skills while in detention?

ElRazur said:
Are you suggesting we live everything not working/broken/dilapidated/depressing etc?

Well, you seem to have covered the two possible options quite well.....whilst not making your own opinion clear. So, where do you stand on the subject?

Soldato
daveyj27 said:
Well, you seem to have covered the two possible options quite well.....whilst not making your own opinion clear. So, where do you stand on the subject?

I belive, my satnce on the matter was clear cut. As for the first quesiton you quoted, i was merely asking and agreeing at the same time.

I meant to be revamped to a state where things actually works and the basic requirements/standards are met.
:)

Don
ElRazur said:
I meant to be revamped to a state where things actually works and the basic requirements/standards are met.

as long as it is humane then I have no desire to see prisons made any better

maybe in terms of education and rehabilitation I don;t mind money being spent but in terms of making it a nicer place to be then the less spent the better

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
dmpoole said:
Absolutely no one is allowed to smoke inside or outside which is one way to rub a nicotine addict up the wrong way.

No smoking in my day either mate. I was 19 going on 20 & had been smoking for years, when you first go in , after the strip, shower & uniform hand out you go see the Doctor. I sat down & said to Doc all concerned " Look Doc i've been smoking for years, I really don't think i'll be able to handle not smoking "
He looks at me & goes " This camp has been open for over a hundred years & knowone has died, **** OFF " :p
This was the same answer you got for anything, I moaned about lack of food, I wanted More, they said " This camp has been open for over a hundred years & knowone has died, **** OFF " :p
Sir, I'm having a heart attack here = See above.
Same in the gym the wimps would shout & puff & say they had asma, the P.I would just kick them about :p Funny enouth all those so called asmatics soon got back to the circuit training they were trying to avoid. In my time there only one nearly died, Seeing the screws realise & panic will stay with me forever :D + :D
Looking back on it though i can honestly say Nothing at all good came of it, When i got out i went totally off it & committed the worst crimes i have ever done. Within a year i was at the peak of my crime & wanted nationwide twice by the time i was 21.
Before i went to DC i only thought i was bad. When i got out i Knew i was bad & looked down on people who were straight as weak, untested & ripe for the picking.
Straight people have absolutely no idea what incarceration does to a man.

Man of Honour
OP
malc30 said:
Before i went to DC i only thought i was bad. When i got out i Knew i was bad & looked down on people who were straight as weak, untested & ripe for the picking.

One old staff member made a point of telling me that 'it doesn't work'.

Associate
malc30 said:
No smoking in my day either mate. I was 19 going on 20 & had been smoking for years, when you first go in , after the strip, shower & uniform hand out you go see the Doctor. I sat down & said to Doc all concerned " Look Doc i've been smoking for years, I really don't think i'll be able to handle not smoking "
He looks at me & goes " This camp has been open for over a hundred years & knowone has died, **** OFF " :p
This was the same answer you got for anything, I moaned about lack of food, I wanted More, they said " This camp has been open for over a hundred years & knowone has died, **** OFF " :p
Sir, I'm having a heart attack here = See above.
Same in the gym the wimps would shout & puff & say they had asma, the P.I would just kick them about :p Funny enouth all those so called asmatics soon got back to the circuit training they were trying to avoid. In my time there only one nearly died, Seeing the screws realise & panic will stay with me forever :D + :D
Looking back on it though i can honestly say Nothing at all good came of it, When i got out i went totally off it & committed the worst crimes i have ever done. Within a year i was at the peak of my crime & wanted nationwide twice by the time i was 21.

Not to be funny but can you post about your reformation (which I assume happened) as I'm finding your posts somewhat in contradiction to your Man-Of-Honour status and am interested how you turned it all around?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Jeez Malc30, I had no idea. Quite an experience you've had. Living proof of, what I assume ;), is a reformed man! Do you have a job now etc. ? I'm sure we've spoken before but my memory fails me lately.

Associate
ElRazur said:
Are you suggesting we live everything not working/broken/dilapidated/depressing etc? Remember that are coming back out to live amongst us.
How do you meet their basic requirment in a prison without letting "comfort" through. I would love to hear that.

I hear lobotomys work quite well

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Buttons said:
Not to be funny but can you post about your reformation (which I assume happened) as I'm finding your posts somewhat in contradiction to your Man-Of-Honour status and am interested how you turned it all around?

Basically i moved to the Midlands just over Ten years ago to change my life which i did. I Never break the law these days & i mean Never & have had no convictions for over 12 years.
I should also add that i was Honourable as a career criminal as i am Honourable now. One of the reasons i didn't serve quite as much time as you would expect is because i only targetted businesses & not individuals.
My MOH status here is for my contributions to the forums & not for my activitys irl ;)
My past has some what scuppered any chance of a career & at the moment i am working in my mates Electical retail shop/Digital aerial instalations place.

Soldato
Malc, was this something you personally took care of and changed your own life, or did you receive outside help? I think you are a credit to these forums and an example of how it is possible to change your ways and live a normal life. I can remember you posting past stories and even recent events where you turned the other cheek and just got on with things. :)

Back
Top Bottom