Most Significant Life Changing Moment.

Soldato
So, basically, im wondering..

What day/moment or event in your life totally changed your life, either for the better , or for the worse. Something very significant that you know has influenced the rest of your life.

For me personally i would probably say it was my parents getting divorced when i was 4, This has never bothered me, and everything is fine.. But life woulda been totally different for me if it never happened. Not better, just different.

So what has changed your life significantly?

Examples i imagine would be deaths in family, new jobs, passing exams, getting ill... anything.

Please share, Would be nice to have an interesting thread :D

Soldato
In my very short life.. it was phoning my ex girlfriend up and saying its over..

I got soo involved in her i nearly made all the wrong decisions in my educational life.

Man of Honour
The whole of my first relationship and the end of it. I'd like to say I wasn't phased by it all but I really really was. It ruined my second year at college and may have delayed my education for many years (still sort of recovering grades wise etc). God I sound like a sad act, so I'd like to say now that it was pretty much all my own stupid fault.

Last edited:
Associate
When working at Tesco I became obsessed with a girl who worked with me. During my stupid attempts at trying to seduce her she asked me about my future plans, at the time I had none. To try and impress her I signed up to uni (the same uni she nearly went to!) and because I had nothing better to do I still went to Uni when she decided upon a different one.

Luckily I loved Uni, got my degree and that changed everything about me, life would be totally different now if I didn't meet her as I honestly believe I wouldn’t have gone to Uni otherwise.

P.S I’m still obsessed with her 7 years later << (early warning for a relationship thread at some point!)

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I went round to my mates for our usual tuesday night RPG session and there was a new person there. His dad's friend had asked if his daughter could join in. My first thoughts were "She is too quiet, her hair is too short, but she has nice ****."

We have been married for almost 12 years now....

Soldato
Realising due to a relationship break down what I dont want from life.

Also looking at the relationship my parents have made me realise that I never want to be like my Mum is, dependent on a man to feel that shes somebody, even when he treats her like crap. I wont ever be like that.

I also realised I will never ever put my kids down like she does, but then thats down to her reflecting her own insecurities onto me.

Soldato
Oh yeh.. the day my parents broke up was a real eye opener i guess..

Bad experiences = better knowledge on life i guess...

Im expecting a few good experiences in the future though.. so all is well

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Been told by my ex that if I continued to fight to see my daughter at weekends that she'd make up a story that I'd sexually abused my daughter.

As soon as I walked out of the court I've NEVER let anyone put me in a situation I can't get out of, no matter who gets hurt.

Soldato
Two very different ones for me that I can't decide between. First being the day I phoned my Dad and told him I didnt want him in my life anymore. The second being there there when my Son was born. Both life changing very different reasons

Back
Top Bottom