Import insurance

Soldato
Those of you that drive imports, who do you use for insurance?

Could do with a list of companies so I can start ringing round. I'm getting a bit fed up with paying £1000+ to be honest, at renewal i'll be 24 with 2 years NCB.

Soldato
OP
Not keen on Flux.
Is elephant the same company as admiral? (their website is identical) If so they quoted me over £2k.
Greenlight don't cover imports AFAIK.

Edit- tried a quote with Skyinsurance, still waiting for them to phone me.

Man of Honour
Tim said:
Not keen on Flux.
Is elephant the same company as admiral? (their website is identical) If so they quoted me over £2k.
Greenlight don't cover imports AFAIK.

Edit- tried a quote with Skyinsurance, still waiting for them to phone me.

Call Sky back and ask to speak to Jea. Tell him I told you to call ;)

EDIT what car?

Soldato
Im with Sky for the second year in a row, they can sometimes offer discounts too if you are a member of an owners club. I also had reasonable quotes from Admiral.

Soldato
Talk about necro lol.

I use sky for my mark x, because greenlight won't insure on chassis no. Greenlight for the S15 because they have the best service going.

Soldato
Skyinsurance seems to have lost it a bit recently though. They wanted to hike my premium up by over £100 for no reason.

If Greenlight will cover it they are one of the best insurers around. They are quite picky on what and who they will cover though, they hate anything BMW for instance :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Skyinsurance seems to have lost it a bit recently though. They wanted to hike my premium up by over £100 for no reason.

If Greenlight will cover it they are one of the best insurers around. They are quite picky on what and who they will cover though, they hate anything BMW for instance :p

Told me to go away with my s2000 !! Haha. Said "you need to have owned it at least a year before we consider you... Everyone bins them!"

Back
Top Bottom