The Official Samsung SM226BW Thread!

Associate
Hello, just recieved mine today and i am pleased with it thus far. However I have noticed some wierd ghosting issues. The first one was caused when the RTA option is enabled... It leaves a little white trail behind moving objects. When it is disabled it disapears however the ghosting is noticeable... Is there a way to fix this, a firmware update etc, new drivers? Or is it just the monitor?

Soldato
VortX said:
Hello, just recieved mine today and i am pleased with it thus far. However I have noticed some wierd ghosting issues. The first one was caused when the RTA option is enabled... It leaves a little white trail behind moving objects. When it is disabled it disapears however the ghosting is noticeable... Is there a way to fix this, a firmware update etc, new drivers? Or is it just the monitor?
Mine does the opposite of yours with the RTA setting. With it off ghosting is very apparent. However, with it turned on i honestly notice no ghosting at all.

Are you using a d-sub or DVI connection?

gt

Associate
no no no... the ghosting is apperant with the RTA option off but on some games a white ghosting can sometimes be seen if RTA is switched on. I am using DVI errr... digital is all I know lol

Soldato
I'm sure this issue came up much earlier on in this thread? by any chance is it a C panel? I didnt get the whole drift of the problem but it sounded like the overdrive is screwed or acting strangely on some of them? faulty? :mad:

This was the first thing i checked on mine and i was pretty relieved.

Associate
Just to be sure, the whole "panel problem" thing only affects the 22 inch versoin of the monitor right?

I received my 206BW today and I am very pleased with it, but if anyone can point me to somewhere which has optimum settings that would be nice...

Cheers!

Associate
Received one of these new shipments today. No S,A,C on the back sticker and the manufacturer information was removed from the hidden menu. I was determined to find out what model I had, so I took a screw driver to it and completely disassembled the monitor. On the back of the internal panel there is another sticker with the manufacturers name - Lo and behold, mine is a Chi Mei (C) panel.
I bought it because I read recently that all new monitors (with no manufacturer markings) are Samsung. This of course is a lie.

If I had the choice again, I would buy the LG. Samsung have lost a customer for life here.

Associate
picked this up yesterday from purple paradise...i notice a lot of bleed at the top of the screen but that is all. fantastic colours, very bright, all rather wonderful...

although what is the beef with 60hz refresh maximum?!

Soldato
byron_hinson said:
Well ordered it yesterday for Saturday delivery but so far nothing has arrived! Looking forward to getting it although it doesn't look like it will be today now.

if its city link then they deliver upto 5:00pm i think !

Back
Top Bottom