Gigabyte P35-DS3P and CAN'T overclock

Associate
Any ideas? This is my first time overclocking so if anyone has this board and could help me out? I have the following:

E4400
Geil PC6400

I have the RAM running at 400MHz 4-4-4-12 with +0.3V, from 1.8 to 2.1 (I think). But even if I increase the FSB of CPU by slight amounts the computer doesn't boot and it boots itself back to default settings. I tried from 10x to 9x and managed a slight FSB boost to get 2.2GHz, but that's disappointing.

Associate
I had exactly the same problem with mine it wouldnt change the fsb without rebooting twice at any FSB even lower than rated.

It ships back today.

Associate
OP
I don't think it's memory because I've relaxed to back to 5-5-5-18 and SPD of 2.0 etc. I've tried CPU multi 7x and FSB 230 and no boot :confused:

Associate
mattyrigby00 said:
you have no right to rma it if it runs at stock speeds. try only 1 stick of ram, and maybe underclocking the ram to see if its that.

I do if its faulty and I wanted to run at lower than stock speeds thats a feature of the MB.

Associate
Have you upgraded the bios to the new F4 version?

Does the computer run ORTHOS stable (for at least an hour) when running stock settings?

What settings have you changed from default in the bios?
Are you adjusting the "CPU HOST CLOCK CONTROL" value to under/overclock?
Make sure system voltage control (apart from your DDR2 voltage) is set to auto

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom