CS Pro Mod

Associate
From http://www.cspromod.com/

"CSPromod has officially as of today entered its first closed beta. Beta testers consist of only a handful of people, and the group includes members of the development team, as well as several of North America's top Counter-Strike players; players who have each played at the highest levels in both CS 1.6 and CS:Source. Closed beta testers will remain anonymous so that they can spend their time on CSP without interruption.

The mod is fully playable, with all aspects of Counter-Strike having been hard coded. The closed beta will be used primarily for tweaking gun behavior, as well as to test for bugs on a general level. Several kinks in player animations will also need to be worked out. We have not set a date for our first open beta, so please don't bombard us with questions about that. Simply have confidence in the fact that, yes, the project is in a near-complete state, albeit an unpolished one. We will release news about an open beta when we are ready to.

We want to make it very clear: at this time, we are not offering any access to the closed beta, period. Whether you're a player, a press representative, or a supporter, please do not ask for access to the closed beta at this time. It is not being given out. Media, including screen shots and video clips, will be released soon.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and dedication as we press forward towards our goal.

Alex
Wednesday August 1st 2:02AM PDT"

Looks interesting. Would be nice to have a 3rd party mod, with people who listen to the community rather than putting crap advertising, stupid buying systems and what ever else they feel may make a game sell more (CSS). Back to how the old CS beta's felt :)
Hopefully will update 1.6 nicely taking the faithful community with it and leave all of the Source n00bs behind ;)

Associate
1.6er eh :p

pro mod is nice, i never played 1.6 personally but playing the pro mod inferno map in css is a nice change so stupid plant pots all over the place. But I wonder what its going to be like with all the change in physics etc

Soldato
Revolution6000 said:
So what's so different that makes this better than the oh so awful Source that everyone hates, yet seems unable to actually say what is wrong about it.
its different, people expect it to be 1.6 when it was never intended to be (for all intents and purposes its a new game not a upgrade to cs).
Had a couple of friends at a LAN the other day get on my nerves when they complained about how the guns were inaccurate, it was all spray and pray blah blah blah
While i sat there consistently getting head shots

However it is a little easier imo, which would be a legitamate reason for not liking it

Suspended
Chronictank said:
its different, people expect it to be 1.6 when it was never intended to be (for all intents and purposes its a new game not a upgrade to cs).
Had a couple of friends at a LAN the other day get on my nerves when they complained about how the guns were inaccurate, it was all spray and pray blah blah blah
While i sat there consistently getting head shots

However it is a little easier imo, which would be a legitamate reason for not liking it

Its ironic really - back in the day of 1.6 people refused to play 1.6 because it was a noobs paradise. Many people who played the game properly stopped when 1.6 was released and went back when it became Source as it became similar again to the play style of the 1.3 days.

I always laugh at the 1.6 snobs as they dont seem to be realising they are in fact playing the noob version :p

Soldato
Noxis said:
I always laugh at the 1.6 snobs as they dont seem to be realising they are in fact playing the noob version :p
Have to disagree with you there, it is no more a noob version than any other release, in fact i would go as far as to say it was less of a noob version simply because it was more technical (learning spray patters, grenade bounce points etc etc) it's simply a different ruleset

Associate
Looking at the pictures of de_dust2, that they've changed, all it seems they have done is take away the eye candy, like windows, barrels etc.
I don't understand what their trying to achieve.

Soldato
Darey said:
Looking at the pictures of de_dust2, that they've changed, all it seems they have done is take away the eye candy, like windows, barrels etc.
I don't understand what their trying to achieve.
they removed the barrels and stuff to increase performance,
aparently you gain 20 fps just by removing the clutter

Soldato
Chronictank said:
its different, people expect it to be 1.6 when it was never intended to be ( it

It was suppose to be exactly that, a port of 1.6 on the source engine. It's nothing of the sort. The behaviour of the guns is totally different. The movement is totally different. The physics on nades etc is totally different. The reg is totally different (bad basically). The maps are somewhat different (short on dust2 for example). Basically most aspects that gave the original its "feel" as a competitive FPS are gone. Don't get me wrong, I'll play source until the cows come home but I accept it isn't 1.6 on the source engine.

I really hope this pro mod injects that feel back into it.

Soldato
Chronictank said:
they removed the barrels and stuff to increase performance,
aparently you gain 20 fps just by removing the clutter

Is that all they have done?

What a waste of time!?!?! Source is so scaleable anyway that you can get it running well on a low end system. Surely they have made other changes?

Seems rubbish to me, I definately won't bother with it. I started back on CS 1.3 and have just accepted every new release, I like CSS as much as any of the other versions I played.

Back
Top Bottom