Silverchair

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Zefan said:
I went to see them a few years ago and they said it was their last gig...

They lied!

because they thought that Daniel would never play again because of his arthritis.

I really disliked their new album, but quite enjoyed the dissociatives one

Associate
Silverchair's first album was a pretty big rip off of the Helmet sound of the 90s. It's was quite an achiement though for a bunch of 14/15 year olds.

I think Daniel Johns' voice really is fantastic and over their 4 or so albums he's written some amazing songs. That said, he's also written some no so good ones.

Personally, I think the first single of the new album 'Straight Lines' is a great song but the rest of the album isn't great.

PS - they have never sounded ANYTHING like Nirvana.

Soldato
penski said:
They weren't an iccelandic band called sign (signs?) were they?

*n

The guy sounded American, I know the word "Red" was in their name though... (I'm sure that really really helps... :p )

Google says, Forever Like Red.

They had some alright songs, but also some whiny not alright ones.

Associate
watched them last night in manchester, was a bit unsure going as the new album hadnt grown on me yet and id had it for about 2 months on import, but i have to say that Mr Johns and co won me over good and proper.

some classics played and the new stuff sounds ace live, plus daniel johns has a lot more stage presence than i thought he would, really got the crowd into it. would deffo recommend anyone to go and see them. and ive now finally gotten into the new album of the back of it.

Soldato
Finally got home from the nottingham gig last night :D

All I can say is wow... simply amazing setlist and it was an absolute brilliant gig.

The setlist was fantastic.

Me and my mate shouted 'We Love You Paul' near the beginning and got a big smile and a thumbs up from him :D

Emotion Sickness, Ana's Song, Straight Lines, Freak, Tuna In The Brine, If You Keep Losing Sleep...

Happy Birthday to the dude doing the lighting too HAHA.

Simply awesome.

Only gripes about the show were the crowd at the start doing that whole if we clap thing they will come on stage stuff. It didn't work the first time, why the heck would it work the 9th time?

And the guys shouting 'Isreal's Son' throughout the second half of the gig. GAH

'Lemmie Hear You Shout Two Times!'

After the whole shouty thing we all started shouting 'CHRIS CHRIS CHRIS CHRIS'

'Lemmie hear you shout ben, two times...'
Ben...Ben
Shout Chris four times
Chris Chris Chris Chris
Paul, three slooooow times
Paaaul... Paaaul.... Paaaul

Haha awesome stuff!

Soldato
Emlyn_Dewar said:
The guy sounded American, I know the word "Red" was in their name though... (I'm sure that really really helps... :p )

Google says, Forever Like Red.

They had some alright songs, but also some whiny not alright ones.
They were indeed Forever Like Red.
We stayed behind after the gig and got chatting to them, my mate got their album signed... they're from the states.
Had a random conversation about Transformers with them too :)
Their album is a heck of a lot softer than their live set they did.

Soldato
marscay said:
silverchair been crap for years unfortunately...
I'm kind of with you on that one. Their first two albums were brilliant, anthems to my teenage years but then Johns decided to throw an orchestra at every song he wrote and it kinda spoiled things.

Musically they're still ok, just not the band I once loved. I get on with Neon Ballroom and Diorama to a point, but their latest effort is just cack, and a huge disappointment (to me anyway).

Soldato
Really disappointed with the Notts gig... Very very new-album heavy setlist, I was gutted by the lack of stuff from Diorama. I really wanted to hear 'Without You'. TBH I totally agreed with the people shouting for 'Israel's Son', I know they've come a long way but the way they point blank refused it when they knew every fan wanted to hear it smacked of arrogance a bit.

The only songs I really enjoyed were Emotion Sickness and The Door - it also made me a bit sad as they were so good it makes you realise how great a better setlist would have been.

Back
Top Bottom