A Closer Look At "Warcraft"

Associate
A movie based on the massively popular online game "World of Warcraft" is moving ahead according to various sources.

At BlizzCon 2007, producer Thomas Tull ("300") confirmed that a 2009 release date is on the cards and a budget of over $100 million is to be committed to the PG-13 rated project.

Set approximately a year before the start of World of Warcraft, the film interweaves the story of various races, lands and a new hero into a two and a half hour feature told from the Alliance perspective.

The film will be live action with "CG environments and effects". More importantly this will not be an 'adventure' or 'quest' movie, rather a 'war' movie. There is no director as yet.

Soldato
Jono said:
Nope.

It'll just consist of the cast sitting around for 3 hours trying to find a healer for The Deadmines.

made me laugh :D

for all we know it could turn out ok, the odds are against it but its not impossible and no, i cant think of a decent film that got translated from a game

Suspended
Jihad said:
Will the WoW film feature over-horny teenagers and cybering with Night Elves?

OMG!

Someone who use to be a game server customer of mine sent me a link the other day to her website... she is naked and photoshopped to look like Nightelves from WoW :eek: she is pretty hot (Greek) too!

Had a good look at work before I went home .... not sure the wife would approve.

Back
Top Bottom