Anyone remember my video?

Soldato
If you want to watch an interesting documentary on the effects of depression, check out The Bridge.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799954/

"People suffer largely unnoticed while the rest of the world goes about its business. This is a documentary exploring the mythic beauty of the Golden Gate Bridge, the most popular suicide destination in the world, and those drawn by its call.

Steel and his crew filmed the bridge during daylight hours from two separate locations for all of 2004, recording most of the two dozen deaths in that year (and preventing several others). They also taped interviews with friends, families and witnesses, who recount in sorrowful detail stories of struggles with depression, substance abuse and mental illness.

Raises questions about suicide, mental illness and civic responsibility as well as the filmmaker's relationship to his fraught and complicated material."

Soldato
You said "I tried to kill myself last year with a drugs overdose" then it goes to a black screen which says "Success"...

Fortunately you start talking about a new subject, but for a second, it has a double meaning! :o :p

Good video, great work :) Keep it up!

Soldato
OP
norm said:
If you want to watch an interesting documentary on the effects of depression, check out The Bridge.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799954/

"People suffer largely unnoticed while the rest of the world goes about its business. This is a documentary exploring the mythic beauty of the Golden Gate Bridge, the most popular suicide destination in the world, and those drawn by its call.

Steel and his crew filmed the bridge during daylight hours from two separate locations for all of 2004, recording most of the two dozen deaths in that year (and preventing several others). They also taped interviews with friends, families and witnesses, who recount in sorrowful detail stories of struggles with depression, substance abuse and mental illness.

Raises questions about suicide, mental illness and civic responsibility as well as the filmmaker's relationship to his fraught and complicated material."

I'm going to get this mate i've been looking around. eBay should have it, it looks like a good watch.

Click here for the first post videos

Soldato
OP
thanks, i have since become an ambassador for miss east africa which is great, i would love to goto Kenya and help the children!

Keep watching rating and sharing, thanks all :)

Soldato
Just been sitting here bored and decided to sort the threads by stars and have a look through the 5 star rated ones.

This one should be top of the list.

Watched both your videos and I have to say I think you are a fantastic person for what you do.

Without wanting to go into too much detail I have been through depression, been suicidal etc and it was horrible.

Someone very close to me is going through depression at the moment and even though I've been through it myself I still find it difficult to sympathize enough at times.

I think what you are doing is inspirational.

Keep up the good work. :cool:

G

Soldato
OP
That's greatly appreciated mate. Yeah, it is a subject that the world leaves in the dark really. I wish someone or something would pick me up and get me out there, everything helps in order to raise awareness.

Just watching, listening or reading has changed so many lives. Even things like this topic help me a lot as its got me 300 plays, if only i had a sticky! hehe

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated. It's a fight i will continue for others to hear!

Soldato
OP
Well i was recently made an ambassador for Miss East Africa UK so hopefully sometime i could goto kenya and help out youths, thats a goal of mine.

My tracks have just reached over 300,000 plays which is extremly good and unbeleiveable. I will definetly be creating more, i am also going to get a video made for the track 'suicide' once im home from London.

I would also like to get an official website going and maybe an online magazine of others telling their stories, with some luck a firm or whatever will pick up on me and allow me to spread the words a lot further, its very hard alone!

Permabanned
Im sure rest of ocuk would chip in to make a site/promote it :p Good idea!

Nicely done, hope you get funded to go out to Kenya and do some hands on work! - Would be great.

Soldato
OP
sjohal2006 said:
Im sure rest of ocuk would chip in to make a site/promote it :p Good idea!

Nicely done, hope you get funded to go out to Kenya and do some hands on work! - Would be great.

Missed this post, nah i can afford a site but thanks :)

what i cant afford and get is the thing money cant buy, press, tv, mags, things like that :) so help is appreciated in those areas

Back
Top Bottom