Tie Fighter

Soldato
I'm wanting a nice low spec game for my old laptop , but the last time I tried to play this game it wouldn't work on XP, shame because it was one of my all time favorites, flying for the dark side had a certain panache to it :D

Does anyone know if X-Wing vs Tie Fighter is still available and if it works on XP? I'm looking to track it down if so.

Associate
try xwing allience

its like tie-fighter but a lot better and should work on xp if i remeber rightly its a old game nowa days but still should run on your laptop if ure running xp

Soldato
OP
leon4112 said:
try xwing allience

its like tie-fighter but a lot better and should work on xp if i remeber rightly its a old game nowa days but still should run on your laptop if ure running xp

Yeah I had that a while back, not bad although from the Alliance side - I'll see If I can track it down :)

Associate
The version from the X-wing Collectors Series works fine on Xp. It includes all the expansions/TODs from X-wing and Tie-Fighter and XvT. The Graphics in X-wing and Tie-Fighter have the textures and models from XvT.

The fact that deep space occupies most of the screen most of the time means the less than stellar graphics aren't that noticable. I played it a year ago and became the Emperors Reach in the inner circle. How cool is that? :cool:

Associate
Its a pity most of the new games that come out these days are just eye candy. Some developers really need to play these old games and learn what story line and playability are.

My fav was tie fighter. I nearly creamed my pants when i got to fly the mission with vader !!

Associate
Kami said:
They really need to bring out a new XvT

I'd buy it in a heartbeat :D

Trouble is, these days they'd only consider it if it were a mouse-clickfest, subscription-based mmo, with cross age/gender appeal, called " world of x-wing versus my little pony", with this brainless twit as your co pilot :

jjbbat7.jpg

Soldato
I'm wanting a nice low spec game for my old laptop , but the last time I tried to play this game it wouldn't work on XP, shame because it was one of my all time favorites, flying for the dark side had a certain panache to it :D

Does anyone know if X-Wing vs Tie Fighter is still available and if it works on XP? I'm looking to track it down if so.

It's on Steam.

Back
Top Bottom