OcUK Moderator's elderly mother abused on the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Whilst its a terrible thing that happened and hope it never happens again but what exactly would the police do to someone who made 1 dodgy phonecall in the middle of the night? I doubt they would even look into it.

Permabanned
Either you're intending to insult us by implying we're that ignorant
No.
or you're just trying to **** us off.
No.

I've just stated my opinion that what the cretin did is fairly serious and OcUK should make sure they have the right man before accusing people. Like I said, if you're certain you have him, great, he gets what he deserves.

Associate
No.

No.

I've just stated my opinion that what the cretin did is fairly serious and OcUK should make sure they have the right man before accusing people. Like I said, if you're certain you have him, great, he gets what he deserves.

Jesus christ just drop it!

At least the mother only thinks it is someone having a laugh.

Caporegime

It wouldn't be the first time that had happened on this forum..

But as iCraig said, if you truly have evidence and the police are interested get them on the case pronto, they will be more likely to do something if there is less evidence of vigilantiism in the evidence gathered.

Soldato
The site was hacked? when did this happen?

I asume it wsa only the forums and not any of the shop stuff?

This is just the latest in a series of attacks on the OcUK forums and our moderators. We can't prove a thing, at least right now, but the Don concerned will be taking any action he sees fit, afterall it was his mum that was abused.

Late Monday night another Don's e-mail account was hacked. Then the attacker requested a new password from the newly upgraded forums (this feature has now been disabled). Both actions are criminal offences under the Computer Misuse Act (1990). We know who this person is.

Further offences have taken place since that I am unable to comment on.

Is any of the above that different from shouting abuse down the phone at someone you don't know?

It's all pretty low.

Permabanned
The site was hacked? when did this happen?

I asume it wsa only the forums and not any of the shop stuff?

I'm not sure if "hacked" is the correct term, someone used a Don's login to browse the Dons Room and to copy and paste a load of threads in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom