The New Cases Gallery

Had a new case delivered this morning, the Coolermaster HAF X, and have now transferred everything to it, and I want to say thank to OCUK! ;)

41261702.jpg

By muzens at 2010-07-09

10295743.jpg

By muzens at 2010-07-09

75245462.jpg

By muzens at 2010-07-09

Last edited:
Wow I like it. a lot. Excellent setup. Well done. I might replace my 800D for this. The thing is I must be suffering from OCD because I find when case windows get dusty, no matter how careful you are blowing the dust off with cans of air or using miicro fibre cloths, you always end up with micro marring/scratches. I suppose it's a hang up from my car detailing days. Still I like this case a lot. Are the 2 bays above the HD bay ready for SSD's ?

Here is my setup. All stock fans replaced with noisblocker pro pk2 1200rpm jobs, and rear fan reversed so it's an intake, plus sidepanel has 2 intakes. So 5 intakes in total. Top fans are all Akasa Apache PWM fans and set to exhaust. They are run from the motherboard cpu header using a couple of pwm adaptors. Generally positive airflow and good temps. But I prefer your case.

Fixed up the internals so I'll go again :D.

All righty then, I've sorted my wiring out today so an update was due :D.
Enermax galaxy 1kw --- Gigabyte p45-dq6 --- Q9650 @ 3.8ghz --- TRUE lapped push/pull --- 8gb ddr2 @ 900mhz 5,5,5,18 --- Gigabyte ati hd5870 1gb --- Auzentech prelude x-fi --- 60gb OCZ summit ssd --- 500gb samsung f3 7200rpm --- 2x 1tb samsung f3 7200rpm --- 1.5tb seagate 7200rpm --- 2tb samsung f3 5400rpm --- Akasa apache fans painted.

Bottominternals14.jpg

Bottominternals15.jpg

Bottominternals16.jpg

Bottominternals17.jpg

Bottominternals18.jpg

Bottominternals19.jpg

Wow I like it. a lot. Excellent setup. Well done. I might replace my 800D for this. The thing is I must be suffering from OCD because I find when case windows get dusty, no matter how careful you are blowing the dust off with cans of air or using miicro fibre cloths, you always end up with micro marring/scratches. I suppose it's a hang up from my car detailing days. Still I like this case a lot. Are the 2 bays above the HD bay ready for SSD's ?

Here is my setup. All stock fans replaced with noisblocker pro pk2 1200rpm jobs, and rear fan reversed so it's an intake, plus sidepanel has 2 intakes. So 5 intakes in total. Top fans are all Akasa Apache PWM fans and set to exhaust. They are run from the motherboard cpu header using a couple of pwm adaptors. Generally positive airflow and good temps. But I prefer your case.

Thanks a lot :) I already have an SSD in the top of the internal drives, with the supplied adapter. There is also 2 external hotswap bays (bottom 2) which have mountings for SSDs/2.5" drives.

the haf x makes your mobo look like an matx

Lol, was thinking the same thing :D, so is that for these new xl-atx motherboards.

Clean & tidy looking rig cub1061

LOL :D very true, yes it is xl-atx compatible.

Nice & tidy jej_knowles, but wow soooo much space in the case :D, that was the last case I bought before I started making my own but in silver, huge case :D.

Cheers yes i cut the holes with a Hole saw - tool | drill bit and jcb multie tool its just like a dremel, the spec is a phenom II x2 550 BE,ATI 4890,4 gig ddr3 corsair,asus m4a785td-v evo, antec 900,psu fsp 700w got some blue cathode lights to install in it then it will be nearly finished

Back
Top Bottom