Poll: HP TouchPad - $99 in US - any sign of UK drop?

How many Touchpads have you managed to get ?

Votes: 148 50.3%

Votes: 66 22.4%

Votes: 38 12.9%

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • 4+

Votes: 28 9.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Will be £49 from tomorrow sim free with £50 of free accessories. That's a lot of smartphone for very little money....................;)

I think you've got it wrong....It will be cheap (maybe even £49) but only if you but it with extra accessories.
So I think it may be around £100

Associate
Got a CPW dispatch email a couple of hours ago. Getting it delivered to my local branch but looks like I'll be in Vegas when it arrives hopefully they stick to what the website says and they'll hold it whilst I'm away. Would have been nice for the flight!

Associate
Gits all of yous

:( Order cancelled email from CPW, 25hrs later the dream is dead.

Maybe somebody got round to reading the contact us email I sent around midday today for which I only received the auto acknowledgement at 20:01 and decided I wasn't being patent enough, 39mins later I get the game over email so who knows.

And if anyone from CPW is reading this, fix you order status thingymejig clearly my order clearly isn't going any further ty.

Soldato
Been out all day so how have people faired - ended up getting the 2 I wanted. Now my sister wants one but oh well too late - will see what hits the MM eventually. Actually had a good experience with PC World in the end for a reservation which hasnt happened before.

Any news on Argos though? I did reserve one to be delivered on Thursday but unsure what they are doing regards pricing.

Also Palm Pre 3 - is that getting cut? Liked what I saw when I played with the Touchpad just now - found the IMAP setup a bit annoying but thats my ISP and not the pad - though it took ages to pick up my wireless network...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Someone said that argos was deciding what to do within the next 24h. The Pre 3 is getting cut heavly it even says so on the official HP shop within the next 24 hours.

link

"Special Purchase Conditions
Please note:
We have temporarily stopped taking orders against this SKU. A price reduction is expected to be announced in the next 18 to 24 hours. This price reduction will apply to a Pre 3 Bundle which will include a number of accessories. This is a limited time offer while stocks last. This page will be updated when products and price for the bundle is confirmed. "

Last edited:
Soldato
My amazon order has now dispatched with Hermes.... my 16gb should be here by 25th :)
cpw - still stuck on ordered lol

ps3ud0 - pre 3 should be/have a price cut and a bundle package according to hp site - sold out though earlier mind

Soldato
I'm in a dilemma here..

I got my 32GB but the screen in comparison to the 16GB one is shocking. See for yourselves:

16GB (Left) 32GB (Right) - Both are on highest brightness.

DSLR is out of order so Desire HD was best I could do (ignore the noise).

I'm not sure what to do. The 16GB's brightness on half is comparable to the 32GB's.

32GB Pros: Blacks are blacker. Colours more vibrant.
16GB Pros: Whites are whiter. Super bright!

Stuck :(

Caporegime
What a disappointment! Reserved with Comet yesterday, it chose a store with stock. Got confirmation email stating this. I rang twice today to make sure it would be still there for me to pick up after work. Got there and they didn't even have my order on their system and no stock at all! Ended up doing a paid order and may get one when they get a few more delivered early next month. Gutted :(

Soldato
I'm in a dilemma here..

I'm not sure what to do. The 16GB's brightness on half is comparable to the 32GB's.

32GB Pros: Blacks are blacker. Colours more vibrant.
16GB Pros: Whites are whiter. Super bright!

Stuck :(

I know what to do, give both of them to me and I will test them non stop and give you back the one I think is best, the other I shall keep for more rugged testing. ;)

Associate
My amazon order has now dispatched with Hermes.... my 16gb should be here by 25th :)
cpw - still stuck on ordered lol

ps3ud0 - pre 3 should be/have a price cut and a bundle package according to hp site - sold out though earlier mind

What time did you receive your confirmation email?

Back
Top Bottom