I'm sorry. Another BMW...but I have a question too!

Soldato
I planned to go get some new golf clubs.... instead ended up with a Z4 2006 2.0 SE 20k on the clock....

Anyway my question is on insurance. I was offered a 'protect' the value of the car insurance scheme. IE what I paid now I'd get upto 3 years down the line if I stuff it.

Thoughts on that?

Also what are peoples experiences / thoughts on extended warranties?

P.s Pics to follow and I paid 6k part ex using my Honda Civic 1.6. Pick it up Friday.

Associate
[TW]Fox;14640722 said:
Why did you buy a 2 litre Z4? Seriously, what was the point in that :confused:

Anyway that aside, what you want is gap insurance. http://www.click4gap.co.uk

Maybe he liked the car and got what he thought was a good deal? As funny as it may seem, some people actually buy things based on what what they like and what they want, not what some over analytical muppet on the interwebz thinks :rolleyes:

To the OP, I'm afraid you've now got two reply's ignoring the questions you asked. Sorry, can't help on the GAP insurance as never looked into it.

On the warranty, depends on price and your peace of mind requirements. If you want one, at this stage in the cars life I'd suggest maybe looking at a 3rd party warranty. Most are cheaper than BMW and some cover more parts. You really have to understand the small print though. Keep the car well serviced though and you should be able to buy a BMW warranty at a later date if you want it. Some dealers are arsy about it, others arn't.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Got any pics, sounds good. In these days of gatso's an ultra-PC, buying something that's slower and cheaper seems like a pretty good idea to me, particularly so when you still get the great build quality and all of the other nice bits.

Soldato
I cant see this sort of thing being worthwhile (the insurance, not the car :p)

If your car gets written off, you'll get a payout of what it should be worth and you can appeal it if you dont think you can buy an equivalent replacement with it.

I personally wouldnt bother, unless its really cheap

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the input guys.

Took a quick one on the test drive.

3803781878_f2dc0b37e6_b.jpg

Soldato
Looks nice - the 2.0 isnt exactly slow according to the numbers (60 in 7.9) - I can see the appeal of it. A reasonably turn of speed, good handling, BMW quality and cheaper running costs

Man of Honour
Maybe he liked the car and got what he thought was a good deal? As funny as it may seem, some people actually buy things based on what what they like and what they want, not what some over analytical muppet on the interwebz thinks :rolleyes: To the OP, I'm afraid you've now got two reply's ignoring the questions you asked.

Except i did answer his question by directing him to a source for exactly the insurance he wantts at a very good price rather than just provide misleading warranty info like yourself.

Soldato
Looks nice, did not read your location then saw the pic and instantly identified it as Southern Side of 5 Mile :D

Is it from Jacksons? I know they peddle some insurance that pays back the value of the car you bought it at, is this what you are talking about?

Associate
[TW]Fox;14642675 said:
Except i did answer his question by directing him to a source for exactly the insurance he wantts at a very good price rather than just provide misleading warranty info like yourself.

...but you still acted like an arse :D

With regards to GAP Insurance, with each car purchase I have always considered it but chosen against it. No real knowledge behind that decision purely that I didnt want to pay it - it would be interesting to see what the insurance peeps on the forum think about it - is it just an attempt to squeeze more money out of the consumer.

Soldato
OP
Looks nice, did not read your location then saw the pic and instantly identified it as Southern Side of 5 Mile :D

Is it from Jacksons? I know they peddle some insurance that pays back the value of the car you bought it at, is this what you are talking about?

Bought new from Jackons but ended up at the Motor Mall. I only went there for petrol ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Keep the car well serviced though and you should be able to buy a BMW warranty at a later date if you want it. Some dealers are arsy about it, others arn't.

I'll expand on earlier. Once a BMW warranty lapses, it is impossible to renew it. There are no if's and buts and it's not down to the individual dealer - once an AUC, New Car Warranty or Insured Warranty product expires if you've not renewed it for continuous cover, the car cannot be covered by BMW again.

Man of Honour
Oh you live in Jersey? I guess that would mean anything more than a 2.0 would be a bit frustrating anyway, so now I understand why you chose it. Great looking car, by the way :)

Back
Top Bottom