*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
watching the cinematics on YouTube would probably be enough if it's of interest to you.

Go watch the cinematics on youtube, they are very good and give you the storyline.

Didn't think about this but you MUST do this. The cinematics are awesome and there's not too many of them :)

The one at the end of Act 2 still gives me shivers.

Soldato
Didn't think about this but you MUST do this. The cinematics are awesome and there's not too many of them :)

The one at the end of Act 2 still gives me shivers.

Mentioned the other day that the D2 cinematics are better (for content and story) than half the muck wer get given today. The Act 2 one is superb isn't it. :)

Blizzard have always been the Kings of cinematics, and still are in my book. StarCraft 2 had fantastic ones, and what we've seen so far of the D3 ones is amazing. They look better than the majority of CG films for quality!

Soldato
From what they said of Inferno, you will die.

Hell was tough in D2, I was forever getting one shotted.

Really? hmm i remember being able to stand still in baal's throne room on hell and not get hit much at all, i guess it was really dependant on build and gear.

I still have to think up character names :p

This is always the hardest part lol

is it advisable to play the first two Diablo games before getting D3?

i have never played D1 and D2and i am thinking of getting D3 on release date.

was just wondering if the story is continous or separate for each game.

Would be better, but not essential.

They missed one off there...and i wont say it here :p

Soldato
thanks for the replies guys :)

will probably just read the plot on wiki.

To be honest I would play D2 if you haven't, costs few quid only and it's an awesome game.

Even just for the heck of finishing it on normal difficulty and experiencing the story rather than just reading it. It just feels so awesome when you play it for the first time.

Diablo 1 is a bit dated and will probably feel bit weird nowadays but also a great game back in the days and I found out that D3 reassembles a lot of d1 feel and it's nice to remember the story when they mention it in D3.

I loved listening to the leorics journals in the beta, reminded me a lot of d1 when I played it in 96-98 :)).

Soldato
Thanks for those videos on diablo lore. I knew the story throughout diablo 2 and a small amount of the story outside of that, but I knew none of the diablo 1 stuff. I can't wait to see what they have done with the story in D3.

Soldato
I've just ordered this - never played D1, D2 or the D3 beta and it didn't get me excited at all but it looks like the hype finally got me?! It had better be fun, engaging and atmospheric and not just a click-fest that I'll get bored of after 20 mins...

Soldato
I've just ordered this - never played D1, D2 or the D3 beta and it didn't get me excited at all but it looks like the hype finally got me?! It had better be fun, engaging and atmospheric and not just a click-fest that I'll get bored of after 20 mins...

If you don't play it for more than 20 minutes, then i guess that's your loss :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom