• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
So far it appears that extra power is useless as the Pascal architecture has a ceiling that AIB cards can't improve on.

Cause its looking like it will make no difference.

1. Okay better default clock but who is going to leave it at that? There is as much chance the clown card will have a better max overclock as the FTW card.
2. More power connectors are showing absolutely no difference in your maximum stable clock.
3. The only thing which seems to make any difference is having enough cooling to keep the card below 82C and putting a water block on will solve that.
4. In the FTW case, its a none ref board and waterblocks arent out until next month.

So for the cost of a FTW, I could have a clown card and waterblock.......

Cool, thanks. Everyday is a school day :)

Associate
How did you know ? It might be that the 1st batch came in today 2 days early and it won't be anymore stock on 17th .

I contacted OCUK and they told me.

Question to OCUK:
How many Asus Strix GTX 1080's did you receive in the shipment today?
Is this the same shipment which was due in on the 17th?
If it is the same shipment, when will the ETA be for the next shipment be to fulfill pre-orders?

Response from OCUK:
We received a very small amount today, with the majority of cards expected on the 17th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of the guess of 10/20. Other resellers have been receiving small batches, on multiple occasions, which have only been in the range of maybe 10 or so cards(confirmed by the resellers). So I'd assume that by very small, they mean like 10/20.

Last edited:
Associate
the thing is CS don't know more than us ( sometimes we even know more than them ). they can only check the data and tell us what's on the screen which still show ETA 17th . if ask CS they still say that the Hybrid will still come in 17th which we know that won't be the case .

Associate
Xtreme clocks are finally announced:

Boost: 1936 MHz / Base: 1784 MHz in OC mode
Boost: 1898 MHz / Base: 1759 MHz in Gaming mode

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5920#kf

According to website, ETA for Xtreme Premium Pack version is 30th June. On one side I was hoping that paying £660 will reserve me Premium Pack but on the other hand I do not need those items from the pack anyway. Except maybe for SLi bridge in the future.
I've also pre-ordered G1 version on Amazon for £559 which was a good price.
Pending that they will ever have it in stock to dispatch, I'm considering saving £100 and going ahead with G1 instead Xtreme. Some comparison benchmarks would be helpful to make that decision.

Associate
EVGA 1080 updates

Hi All

Some updates from our side as promised:

1080 SC cards - Now arriving in some decent volumes to UK and EU channel partners. Stock a little shorter now though until back end of next week (23rd/24th) due to the gap of production from Dragon Boat Holiday.

1080 FTW cards - Our production now begins on this card next week, only review samples have thus been received by review sites, not one card has been shipped in Europe. Product will be received in Europe expected in 10-14 days time based on this production plan, and quantities will be shipped simultaneously to evga.com and select channel partners around Europe.

I will update further as and when we have more details. Sorry information to date on the FTW card has not been 100% accurate but the above should bring you right up to speed.

I am back from travel the rest of this week now so should be able to give a few updates.

Thanks
Ben

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi All

1080 SC cards - Now arriving in some decent volumes to UK and EU channel partners. Stock a little shorter now though until back end of next week (23rd/24th) due to the gap of production from Dragon Boat Holiday.

1080 FTW cards - Our production now begins on this card next week, only review samples have thus been received by review sites, not one card has been shipped in either the US or the EU. Product will be received in Europe expected in 10-14 days time based on this production plan, and quantities will be shipped simultaneously to evga.com and select channel partners around Europe.

I will update further as and when we have more details. Sorry information to date on the FTW card has not been 100% accurate but the above should bring you right up to speed.

I am back from travel the rest of this week now so should be able to give a few updates.

Thanks
Ben

We have to wait 2 more weeks! I've nearly waited 3 weeks already. Anger level rising:(

Associate
Hi All

1080 FTW cards - Our production now begins on this card next week, only review samples have thus been received by review sites, not one card has been shipped in either the US or the EU. Product will be received in Europe expected in 10-14 days time based on this production plan, and quantities will be shipped simultaneously to evga.com and select channel partners around Europe.

Thanks
Ben

Ben, any update on the Hybrid you can give us? If we are looking later than end of June in hand might take a stab at the seahawk and save £10 for a couple of fruit ciders to get over the single 8pin.

Associate
If anyone is interested in Inno3d cards, I've asked OCUK support if there are any cards comming earlier than 30th June and the answer is:

"Thank you for your webnote, the ETA has been pushed back i'm afraid Lukas, the GPU may arrive earlier than 30/06 however it is unlikely at this stage."

Back
Top Bottom