SE W810i.... impressions...

Associate
Is it just me ... but .....

does anybody else actually prefer the Joystick on the W800/K750i ?!
I know I do - but I guess this wont break as easily.. (touches wood..)

Its taking some getting use to... but much prefer the black casing to the `walkman orange` ... also the clock is not visible unless you press a button (as stated in another post...) .. why do they change simple things like that?

Havent noticed anything else as yet - I do like the SE range at the mo... but the keys (I dont have particularly big hands..ahem..) seem a little more cramped on the 810 to 800/K750i

We`ll see.

Caporegime
conuk said:
Is it just me ... but .....

does anybody else actually prefer the Joystick on the W800/K750i ?!
I know I do - but I guess this wont break as easily.. (touches wood..)

Its taking some getting use to... but much prefer the black casing to the `walkman orange` ... also the clock is not visible unless you press a button (as stated in another post...) .. why do they change simple things like that?

Havent noticed anything else as yet - I do like the SE range at the mo... but the keys (I dont have particularly big hands..ahem..) seem a little more cramped on the 810 to 800/K750i

We`ll see.

Ive had mine since yesterday morning and i find it to be a lovely phone. Yes the buttons are kinda small and its a bit quirky in some places...its been a few yrs since i last had an SE phone.
Other than the tmobile branded crap they put on the phone, i do like this phone...very small and light and the black colour makes it look that little bit better.

Im sending mine off to get unlocked and de-branded sometime next week, from what i have been reading de-branding the phone makes it much much more faster.

By the way i would imagine that SE would probably fix a few bugs with this phone in their next firmware update
But as a phone the 810i does its job superbly imho :)

Soldato
I went from the W800i to the W810.

IMO, its the best phone out at the moment, the keys are improved over the W800, I find it so much easier to text, the phone feels faster, and the themes are amazing (Once you debrand the networks own ones!)

Caporegime
S7yl3s said:
i have one on orange and am very impressed with it. would like to debrand though if anyone can help?

Go down your local high st, and im sure you will find a phone place that might unlock and de-brand the phone for a nominal fee.

Or you could do it yourself, the de-branding i mean. Can do it through the da vinci website...have a look on google

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They arent going to check that though if you make a claim and if the phone is damaged then they "can't" check it since it doesn't work.

If it's minor damage you can always flash it back to the OEM firmware.

Associate
OP
gotcha ;)

grrrrrr 1 thing I just found... you cant fast forward / rewind a video ???

I made a 13 minute vid of a night out (DVD).... squashed it onto phone.... looks cool - but cant fast forward....... bumma :(

Associate
OP
OV3RCLOCK3R said:
fast forward and rewind only work once the video is being played back through the walkman function. Wont work if you play the video by going into file manager. :)

cool. thanks :D

maybe you could sort out my video conversion prob in another thread.... ;)

other thread

Caporegime
>:|sh4d0w|:< said:
Just got my w810i (vodafone branded) today, upgrade from a d500. Still debating whether i should open it or sell it.

Open it, its a wicked phone. Im loving mine but im sending it off first thing monday morning to get rid of the tmobile crap thats on there. Other than this phone, the n80 is the other one that im currently drooling over...should have my black version tommorrow.

But tis a great phone, small and light and looks the biz in black...screen is very nice as well.

Soldato
Open it!

Why are you sending it off? You can debrand it yourself using the cable you get with the phone!

It's really easy and costs £8 or so for a credit and is done in minutes! The phone is SO Much better without being network branded!

I've done my friends also!

Associate
What improvements other than Quad Band has the w810i got?

As Far as i can see, the w810i has less memory and (imo) a worse joystick, although it does look better, and the screen is a tad better (although barely noticeable)

Permabanned
To all those that have de-branded:

do the flash menus now work?? (select the equaliser theme and see the menu has changed)

Back
Top Bottom