Top Gear under threat

Soldato
andi said:
When they moved next to a huge airfield, did they not think it might be noisy?
Exactly.

Unless they have been personally living there since before the air field was built, then they have no place to be complaining, IMO.

A little research into the area you're moving into and you can find out whether there are air fields etc closeby, and if you're not going to want any noise - don't move there.

Soldato
IIRC the Top Gear producers wanted a new track location anyway. Maybe this will provide enough reason to push it through the BBC's finance department :p It does suck a bit though because they've just started a new celebrity lap times board :/

Why don't they just plant a load of Connifer tree's around it. Those trees absorb sound...

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Was it not a disused airfield though?

Not saying I agree with them complaing though as I have no idea how bad the noise is from where they are.

Its hardly unknown for an disused airfield to come back into use again, either aircraft or some other means of using large amounts of flat tarmac.

Soldato
Stolly said:
Its hardly unknown for an disused airfield to come back into use again, either aircraft or some other means of using large amounts of flat tarmac.
True but when that is the case it does tend to be light use and normally limited to weekends etc. They aren't normally used for filming motoring TV shows which I can imagine involves extended periods of noise, possibly at unsocial hours.

Soldato
As far as I know it still is and always has been quite busy, loads of places use it as a track, and planes still come in and out I think. Not as if its a sudden thing.

Soldato
This was from before they started filming this 8th series, so I don't think much came from it. Or maybe they're going to be looking for somewhere afterwards.

This story's been drifting around for a good few months now, but I haven't seen any resolution :)

Soldato
The BBC will look at the programs viewing figures, realise it is the only program they make that people actually want to watch and all the problems will suddenly go away.

Associate
I'm sure something similar happened at Oulton Park. It was unrestricted 7 days a week, until some new houses were built nearby then the new residents complained. I think it went down to saturday or sunday afternoons only and noise restrictions on the exhausts. :mad:

Soldato
I think that you young whippersnappers have got it all wrong :mad: You can't hear a damn word that Alan Titchmarsh is saying because you're all to busy zipping about trying to 'get yer knee down' and doing those 'burning rollout dohnut thingies' :mad:

Al

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Things like this really make me angry. It's like Castle Combe losing the annual hosting of an FIA GT race because of noise restrictions placed on them due to residents complaints.

FFS, Combe has been there for over 30 years, and you can bet your life that those complaining have moved in within that time.

DON'T MOVE NEXT TO A ******* RACETRACK IF YOU DON'T LIKE NOISE YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER MORONS!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom