hlf2ep1 what a con!

Associate
hi
i just bought hlf 2 episode 1 last week, i was just starting to get into it and it suddenly finnished at the bit where you are on the train. what a rip off! i`ve played game demos that have lasted longer! does anyone else feel like this or is just me moaning? :(

Man of Honour
Should have read some reviews first then :)

While it is very short, it's a very good game while it lasted to me personally, but a lot of people do feel the same about it like you do.

Good thing about Episode Two, is we get Team Fortress 2 and Portal with it, apparently.

Soldato
5 hours might not seem like a lot, but I've played games for 20 hours that feel like they've given me only a couple of hours of enjoyment.

Anyway, hasn't this been covered in great depth many times before? :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Matmulder said:
5 hours might not seem like a lot, but I've played games for 20 hours that feel like they've given me only a couple of hours of enjoyment.

Anyway, hasn't this been covered in great depth many times before? :rolleyes:

Yup, quite a few threads on it.

Associate
I didn't enjoy it until I got out of the citadel and picked up some proper weapons.
The gravity gun was fun in HL2, but that's because there were loads of saw blades and explosive barrels to throw around, in Episode 1, it seemed less fun :(

Soldato
5 hours, 14.99, sounds ok to me.

I'll get it when i have some spare cash considering i've been a fan of Half Life the day it was released.

Man of Honour
Linoge said:
This is why I'm waiting until Episode 2 is out before getting Episode 1, so I can play them back to back. :)
If you're going to follow that logic, wait for Episode 3 then :p

You'll also get the best bundle probably on Steam, those buying the Source premier packs first time get it best, as they get a pre-order discount, and get a lot more than earlier adopters of Steam packages got.

stryder said:
any idea when its due out?
It was supposed to be christmas, but it's now sometime Q1 2007.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
If you're going to follow that logic, wait for Episode 3 then :p

You'll also get the best bundle probably on Steam, those buying the Source premier packs first time get it best, as they get a pre-order discount, and get a lot more than earlier adopters of Steam packages got.

It was supposed to be christmas, but it's now sometime Q1 2007.

Nah :p Can't wait that long. Sod it, I'll just get Episode One now. :D

Back
Top Bottom