Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
Hi, Post pictures of your Akasa Eclipse 62 creations, just finished my latest build..S Series AM2 Gigabyte Motherboard..8800XFX GTS..AMD64 AM2 5000+..2GB Crucial Ballistix..X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty X-RAM 64MB. Excellent case, enhanced further with the addition of Akasa's side window, intrested to see and hear peoples experiences with the Akasa Eclipse 62.

Associate
Will try and post a pic of mine when i get back to uni, but in my eclipse 62 i have my trusty old P4 2.4GHz with 1gig of PC3200, a 9600 pro ez 128MB GFX, and 2 maxtor HDD's. All powered by my nice antec truepower 430W PSU.

Im set for an upgrade worthy of this great case within the next year.

Caporegime
Will get some other pics later on today.

11.jpg

Associate
OP
Lolcb said:
Dude, you need a better monitor lol. And why did u buy 5000+ ??
Hi, Monitor 19" CTX only 6 months old, was going to get flat panel, but this babys resolution far exceeds most flat panels, and the response times are better, perfect for what I want (Gaming) the only benefit I can see in getting one at the moment would be to save desk space, not a problem I've got ;) AMD 64 AM2 5000+ great CPU always been a dedicated AMD fan :) runs nice and cool under load, been very happy with this build, all games running Ultra Smooth and nothing seems to break it into a sweat. Hope you got your "Just Cause" game sorted, any pictures of your Desktop PC ;) Had the Creative ExtremeMusic in my old PC, the Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty X-RAM 64MB makes a tremendous diffrence to performance and clarity. Happy New Year lolcb ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got to say, the Eclipse is still my favourite case. It's just completely solid and absolutely cavernous. If I were to buy a new case now it'd be the Eclipse or the A-16.

Associate
tomanders91 said:
Definatly considering one of these, how well ventilated are they? and did they come with fans or did you have to buy them seperatly?

You have to buy fans seperately.

Associate
OP
tomanders91 said:
Definatly considering one of these, how well ventilated are they? and did they come with fans or did you have to buy them seperatly?
The Akasa Eclipse 62 is very well ventilated, with 1x120mm fan bay at the frount and a 120mm fan bay at the back, the main advantage is the Akasa Eclipse 62 is that it is a very wide case, encouraging excellent air flow for all components, I have an AMD64 AM2 Dual Core 5000+ fitted with Stock HSF, and never goes over 36 degrees under load, the 8800GTS also seems to be catching a cold ;) No fans are supplied with the Akasa Eclipse 62, saying that I would prefer to buy my own, factory pre-installed fans fitted in cases are usually under par with the leading brands, and not giving a good CFM rating ;)

Soldato
Lolcb said:
Are you suppose to mount the zalman cpu cooler that way Lol. I thought its the other way?
When I mounted it I couldnt find the bracket I needed to mount it the other way.
The mounting plate on the DFI Expert is 90 degrees off the norm :p

Will be going soon though. Mobo, cpu and cooler are sold :)
Soon to be joining us, a Core2Duo :D

Associate
PinkFloyd said:
When I mounted it I couldnt find the bracket I needed to mount it the other way.
The mounting plate on the DFI Expert is 90 degrees off the norm :p

Will be going soon though. Mobo, cpu and cooler are sold :)
Soon to be joining us, a Core2Duo :D

Get G80 as well to join the exclusive G80 club under graphics section.

Caporegime
That side panel looks realy great PinkFloyd. How did you go about doing that? Im getting the windowed panel that Akasa does but yours looks great. May give it a go.

Some pictures of just how removable the panels are.

2.jpg

3.jpg

And here are the panels.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The akasa window panel is pretty big, when i first got my eclipse i kept thinking the sidepanel was completely off as it was so clear and big. It looks great though :) .

Back
Top Bottom