Strange Far Cry problem.

Permabanned
Right, I've re-installed Far Cry as I thought I may aswell try to play through and actually finish it this time. I gave up last time on that volcano level! :o

Anyway, I've installed it and the game works. The only problem is I can't get the mouse to work in the game. It works perfectly in the menus but just won't function in the game, ergo I can't look around at all. I've tried all the options available in the control menus, but to no avail.

Anyone here have an inkling as to what the problem could be?

Associate
Someone on the Ubisoft forum reckons:

"This should work if you are at patch 1.4:
When Far Cry loads, select options then controls. There should be an option "Defaluts" or "Restore Defaults". Click that, then apply then return to the main menu.

If you enter the game now it should work. From then on, you can go back to the controls menu and reassign keys till your hearts content!"

Hope it helps :)

p.s You might not need to patch it just try "restore defaults".

Permabanned
OP
Brilliant, it worked. Thanks muchly.

Far Cry looks and runs totally stunning at max settings. Last time I played it I had to turn a few options down, with my new graphics card everything's cranked up and it's running at around a constant 60fps.

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
skullman said:
Someone (CuZ:p ) on the Ubisoft forum reckons:

"This should work if you are at patch 1.4:
When Far Cry loads, select options then controls. There should be an option "Defaluts" or "Restore Defaults". Click that, then apply then return to the main menu.

If you enter the game now it should work. From then on, you can go back to the controls menu and reassign keys till your hearts content!"

Hope it helps :)
LOL...
If you are going to quote me Skullman you could at least fix my typo's ;)

Soldato
think its pretty amazing that peeps still play FC - although it does look outstanding - think ill install it tonight and have another bash - the views are something to take your breath away - although, you probably havent seen Oblivin yet - now that will stun ya!

Caporegime
Yea I had this problem too. It was fine with 1.4 the first time but then I messed Farcry up some how so reinstalled and the the problem started. Now it just doesn't remember my controls :(

CuZ

CuZ

Associate
Do you have the mouse control okay?

If so reset your keys from the options in the main menu (Not options in the ingame menu) and see if that works...

(Im currently playing Oblivion. Think it looks stunning, but play is a little repetativ... For me its still FC ***... :p )

Back
Top Bottom