Far cry no mouse!

Soldato
Hi guys :)

Saw a thread on far cry somewhere and thought.. heck, just installed a new C2D why not see if performance has improved with it. Installed it, downloaded patch 1.4 and installed.

Here is the wierd part... mouse works on all menus in game, included in multiplayer when you select your guns etc... but it won't actually work in the 3D mode.

Anyone got a clue? (first time i've had this ever, on any game or app. Mouse is Logitech MX518)

Matthew

Associate
think theres an option in the control section for you to reset your mouse or something like that, i try and look it up, but i'm quite sure thats it.

*edit* you have to reset the controls to default settings in the control menu*

Soldato
OP
Yup got it before you all replied... did the classic action : Google :rolleyes:

Thankyou for all the responses as you were all correct, you win..erm... :p

Edit: on the plus side.. Far cry now play amazingly well (everything on very high setting @ 1280x1024). Real smooth. Definately wasn't like this when I originally played it. Had to settle for mid -low settings if I recall :(

Matthew

Last edited:
Soldato
i'm suprised people are content with this fix :confused: i actually stopped playing it cuz i like my own custom configuration, what the hell kind of fps makes this kind of mistake without releasing a patch straight away to sort it out? tis madness so it is!

playing quake 4 instead, not as deep a game as far cry but still mint ;)

Soldato
QuiKsiLVeR said:
i'm suprised people are content with this fix :confused: i actually stopped playing it cuz i like my own custom configuration, what the hell kind of fps makes this kind of mistake without releasing a patch straight away to sort it out? tis madness so it is!

playing quake 4 instead, not as deep a game as far cry but still mint ;)

You stopped playing an outstanding game because you had to reset the controls to default after install :confused: Its a 1 second job, and then you can set the controls how you like?

Soldato
modo77 said:
You stopped playing an outstanding game because you had to reset the controls to default after install :confused: Its a 1 second job, and then you can set the controls how you like?
i tried that but as soon as i went back to my own controls it lost the mouse again... this was about 4 months ago tho has there been a patch since maybe?

Soldato
QuiKsiLVeR said:
i tried that but as soon as i went back to my own controls it lost the mouse again... this was about 4 months ago tho has there been a patch since maybe?

No but I can change the settings after. I just default the settings, play for a second then go set what you want.

Permabanned
Yeah, it's a one time only deal! You just apply the 'default fix' straight after the latest patch and it's all good, well it was here anyway.

Soldato

Odd, as soon as I done the fix I could set mouse 4 for crouch and mouse 5 for prone ( like I do for all games) and it still worked fine after. Great game and it runs superb even with 8x AA and 16x AF :D. Going to apply the HDR+AA patch from guru3d still I think as I'm eager for more eye candy :p.

Only problem is that even after setting it for 5.1, I still only get stereo sound, does anyone know how to get 5.1 working in Far Cry in Vista X64 ?

Soldato
Best game in the last ten years. Far Cry > *

I want to play it again now. :(

Just started replaying it, still bothered by the no 5.1 sound, but that aside it's great, albeit easy though, what I remember as a hard-ish bit where I had to heal a few times, this time I haven't even been hit once... Just reached the carrier anyways :D.

[repeat] Does anyone know how to get 5.1 in vista x64 for this game :D ? [/repeat]

Soldato
If anyone knows the bit early on where you come out of the ship onto its deck, and theres a helicopter waiting...

well that used to kick my ass... so i mastered a method for killing it

You can throw a grenade out the hole, over the side of the boat, and into the chopper :D

boom :D

Back
Top Bottom