"Error getting clipboard data"

Soldato
When I try take a print screen an paste it in paint, paint comes up with 2 errors.

1. "Error getting clipboard data"
I click on Ok, it prompts me with another error
2. "There is not enough memory or resources to complete operation. Close some programs, then try again"

It's less prone to happen when I use alt-printscreen instead of normal printscreen and indeed when I have have less windows/apps open, and doesn't happen at all with my second monitor disabled.
It didn't happen a few months ago ( yes I've been having this problem since December) and I took at least hundred of 2560x1280 print screens even with 30 windows open no problems before that time.

I've found the question on loads of Google results but nobody has had an answer except for disabling the 2nd screen ( all people experiencing the problem are running dual screens, happens to both ATI and NVIDIA users).
Also found it on this :
http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/XP/Q_23211321.html
But obv. I can't see the reply as you need to pay for it :confused:.

Anybody knows how to fix my problem, copying anything else ( eg. text, files, etc) is always fine?
Xp pro 32bit...

Associate
Apparently this can happen with dual screen setups. Try creating a new user profile to see if is resolves the issue as this has been known to fix the issue.

Soldato
OP
Okay, I'll try it with my 2nd user profile, however, would you know how to fix my current profile?

I think it's alright to assume that the problem lies somewhere in docs&sets, since thats the only thing really changing when changing a user profile ? Or am I assuming wrong ?

I'm not the type of guy that likes to avoid his problems by installing something over again or making a new profile or whatever, I'd like to fix this problem not go around it.

Would you have any idea in more detail as to what could have caused this ?
It was fine unto december/jan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom