Dropped my iPhone tonight.

Commissario
I got out of the car this evening and managed to drop my iPhone from about four foot up into the air onto a hard concrete surface. This is very unusual for me, I'm normally very careful about how I look after things (as anyone who has bought stuff from me will confirm).

The phone is undamaged.

The case isn't.

neo-1-20090224-193515.png

neo-2-20090224-193604.png

I hate to think what state the phone would be in now if it hadn't been in the Switcheasy CapsuleNeo case. I've emailed them with details of what happened and I'm hoping I can get a replacement back piece (the part which has broken). If not, I'll buy another case of the same type.

It just goes to show that no matter how careful we are, accidents can happen and I'm just pleased that I had my iPhone in a decent case.

I should add that although this sounds like sales pitch, I have no relationships with the case manufacturer other than being a happy customer.

Soldato
looks like the case has done its job, so i'd be surprised if they replace it.

i've found the iphone pretty resistant, as i've dropped mine twice onto hard surfaces and everythings been ok. Though I have got insured were the worst to happen.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I dropped my iPhone 2G on to our concrete drive. As it fell my leg movement (from walking) formed a kick and it slid about 10-15ft :(

Phone was scratched to hell.. since then I got a rubber Incase sleeve for it to protect the 3G plastic from such trauma.

I'm suprised the phone was undamaged in this instance.. that case is busted up!

Soldato
My poor old 3G is looking a bit battered now. :(

Dropped it more than once with no case on. Wish I purchased a case but hell, its a phone. It goes everywhere with me, i'm never going to keep it pristine.

Back
Top Bottom