Patriot Viper 6gb ddr3 Wont boot with p6t deluxe!!

Associate
Hi, I finished building my pc and tried to boot, but it wouldn't even get to POST. I looked on the internet for solution and I found that removing all but one of the ram sticks and booting into BIOS then updating it would fix it. So I did that. I was able to boot into Bios with one Ram stick and update from USB. But now I try and boot using 2 of the sticks and also 3 of the sticks and it still doesn't work!

If updating my BIOS didn't fix the RAM, what can I do now?

Specs:

Intel i7 920
Patriot viper ddr3 6gb 1600mhz
asus p6t deluxe

EDIT: My ram is in the Orange slots. Still doesn't work.

Can get 2 sticks to work in first and 3rd orange slot, but when i put in second, it wont boot. :(

Last edited:
I'm having exactly the same problem with 6gb Corsair 1600mhz dominator on an EVGA x58 Sli board. My pc will only POST with 1 stick of ram installed, even with an up-to-date BIOS and increased voltage. If i put in more than 1 stick it powers itself off as soon as i turn it on. Im sure its a voltage problem, but havent yet been able to find the right amount. I have tried each individual stick in each individual slot and they all work, so it seems you're having the same issue.

Make sure you check each stick in each slot though as the 1st x58 Sli OC sent me was faulty, with only 1 dimm slot functioning. If they all work in all the orange slots then check your voltages (but don't ask me how :p)

By increasing my QPI/NB voltage using the 1 stick my system has become a lot more stable, yet still cant use more than 2gb.

I had a similar problem on the Gigabyte EX58 UD3R board when using 3x2gb. I had to put my QPI/VTT voltage to 1.4 else during post it would lose 2gb and only report 4gb etc whist being amazingly unstable. As soon as i put 1.4 on the QPI/VTT it has been perfect.

Hmm it's beginning to look like my future upgrade to i7 will be by way of an OCUK bundle so at least it's a tested known good combo. It must be so frustrating to get high end kit like this and have these issues... I sympathise with you all and hope you get a solution soon!

Back
Top Bottom