PS3 - Whats what?

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Hi all,

I bought (the old style) ps3 from a friend (60GB) 10 Games , and rockband with drums , mic , guitar etc.

But having only 360 i don't know whats what with teh ps3 - Must have games etc!?

I shall be getting rid of rockband as i can't really get on with it , and 3 games which ive played on the pc / 360.

Soldato
Recently got my PS3 too.

I have not played a huge number of exclusives thus far, but so far I can recommend:
Uncharted - That was really good fun and a beautiful game to boot.
Killzone 2 - Not brilliant, but pretty decent. Didn't get on with the MP though.
Infamous - To start I found it brilliant and good fun, but when I was nearing the end of the game it did start becoming a little boring. Good for a single play through though.

Little Big Planet and Lair have not gotten enough playtime for me to comment on.

Associate
Uncharted - Probably the best game I've played on my PS3, also get the second one pre-ordered ;)

Infamous - Excellent game, but have to agree near the end I did get a bit bored, but hours and hours of fun before that.

Soldato
In no particular order the games i've enjoyed are:

Bold = Particularly good

Disk Exclusives:
Valkyria Chronicles
Uncharted
Metal Gear Solid 4
Warhawk
Resistance 1+2 (more-so 2)
Ferrari Challenge
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Killzone 2
Little Big Planet
Infamous
Disgaea 3

PSN Titles:
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD
Flower
Shatter
Savage Moon
Pixeljunk Monsters

Pre-orders:
God of war 3
Uncharted 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy VS XIII

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats a rather good list from Streeteh....

Is WipeoutHD really that good, its cheap enough on PS network, but the last Wipeout game was dire..!!

Associate
Make sure you get Demon's Souls! One of the best games I've played in years. As everybody else says the other great exclusives are Uncharted, MGS4, Everybody's Golf and Valkyria Chronicles.

Soldato
For even asking that question i hate you.

Yes it's awesome :p, the expansion is really good too and well worth having.

:( Sorry..:p I'll be sure to download this then... Good call. Guess I didn't trust the low price and after the last couple of wipeout games, well.... Guess I overlooked it.

Soldato
:( Sorry..:p I'll be sure to download this then... Good call. Guess I didn't trust the low price and after the last couple of wipeout games, well.... Guess I overlooked it.

As it is it's pretty small, therein lies the catch, though for the price point i'd say it still offers more than is required for me to consider it 'good value'. The expansion doubles the track number and adds several modes and tbh makes it rival (and exceed) many full retail games.

Soldato
For something a little different, you can pick up Crash Commando for about £4 from the PS Store atm.
It's a cracking little game, basically a side scrolling online MP deathmatch shoot em up.

Back
Top Bottom