Essential Tablet apps (Android)

Soldato
Soooo, there's not a lot about at the moment so I thought a thread to share the best might be good for the growing number of tableteers...

Thumb Keyboard - Indispensable IMO, allows you to type whilst holding the device portrait and easy to flick between normal keyboard and this.

Pocket Cloud - Free and easy to use tablet optimised VNC/RDP client.

Tweetcomb - Nice tablet optimized twitter app.

Pulse - Not too dissimilar from the phone version but feels a lot nicer with dual panes.

CNN - Really nice tablet app for news.

Drawfree - Basic, but useful tablet drawing app.

Gun Bros - Plays very well on tablets.

I'm sure there's more but don't have my device with my atm... Please share any more you have.

Soldato
OP
opera mobile is looking very good, renders pages much more like a desktop browser at the correct zoom and optimized for tablets too, a few comparisons:

971666185.png

218410276.png

661559344.png

964134817.png

It would be a lot better if it had a more conventional tab interface and flash does not seem to work in honeycomb...

Edit: Absolute win:

753712529.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Feeldy is a nice RSS (Google Reader only) app with a newspaper style interface. 2 way sync with reader too. It's portrait only at the moment (which is surprisingly good to view), but apparently they'll be updating in the next few weeks to include landscape too. Plus it's free :)

Also, International Snooker HD is nice, although £3 and no lite version.

Soldato
I've gone from Opera back to Dolphin HD (via miren). Just found it didn't render a couple of websites properly. The only thing I miss is the permanent forward and back buttons:/

The quickoffice HD apk is a pretty good tablet version of quick office

Soldato
Skyfall, Can you use the Opera OcUK black theme on the standard Android phone version of Opera Mini (or full-fat opera)

Never thought of trying it on my phone... would make it easier to read on here
(tapatalk support would be easier still however........................................ ;))

Soldato
Just got Opera Mobile - really good browser, thanks! Downloaded mini as well for when reception is poor or there's no wifi.

Soldato
SkyFall, you're a legend :) got OcUK:Black on my phone now :) I feel some mobile awesomness coming on lol

Didn't work at first, then I force stopped opera mobile and it worked after that :) sorted!!

I did laugh at the size difference between opera mini @ 1.5mb and opera mobile at 22.5mb!! mobile is definately not 'mini' is it!!

Back
Top Bottom