DELETED_74993

Associate
Give me 5 mins and ill go have a look on my handheld. I install and fix them btw but cant remember the codes off the top of my head lol

Associate
You need a new key. I would call EDF and set up an account. Make sure there is no debt on the meter, just ask them and it should clear when you use a new key. They will probably advise you to go to a shop that you can top up from and you can get new keys there

Associate
Also, forgot to say you can call edf and they should send someone out like me to add some emergency credit to keep you going. 0800 015 1733

Associate
Error D4 means the meter serial number on your key doesn't match that on the meter. You would need to confirm the serial number off your meter to them (barcode on the front of the meter has it on). If they have a different one they just need to give you a 'tag' number with the correct MSN which will make your key work.

Error D5 tends to be a faulty key. Again, you need a tag number from EDf and a new key, which you should be able to pick up locally.

Error D6 means that the key is an old one, so another key has been used in the meter since that one. You need a tag number again to make that key work.

Pretty poor that you can't contact them at this time though.

Oh, and make sure you call them to get the account set up in your name, even though it's prepay. Previous tenant may have had a debt set to the meter which they will need to clear and if you don't tell them you'll end up paying it.

Last edited:
Associate
Try calling the main electric supplier for your area, they should come out and put money on the meter!! Thats what i do myself and im on call now lol. better than sitting in the dark!

Associate
Nah they only cost more depending which supplier you're with. BG for example costs the same. Also, even if you are renting you can change the meter to credit. It's you that has the contract with the supplier not the landlord but it is polite to inform them as they dont really like them being changed!

Associate
just had same problem with my meter and when i googled i came across this thread so here are the codes for future reference

Job Type
Action Required

Error 1
Meter fault. A meter change is required.

Error 2

Error 3

Error A1
Re-insert key, if this doesn’t work a new key is needed.

Error A2
New key needed.

Error A3

Error A4
This is the wrong key for the meter. New key needed.

Error A5
An Emergency Service Order (ESO) should be raised to reset the meter as a new key will not fix this problem

Error A6
Possibly using an old key. New key needed.

Error A7

Error A8
Meter fault. ESO needs to be raised.

Error A9
Meter fault. ESO needs to be raised.

Error B1

Error B2

Error B3
New key needed.

Error B4
This is the wrong key for the meter, new key needed.

Error B5
New key needed.

Error B6
New key needed.

Error B7

Error B9
New key needed.

Error 10
This is the wrong key for the meter or there is dirt on the contacts. Clean the key, if this doesn’t work a new key is needed.

Error 11
There is dirt on the contacts or faulty key. Try cleaning key, if this doesn’t work a new key is needed.

Error 12

Error 13
There is dirt on the contacts or faulty key. Try cleaning key, if this doesn’t work a new key is needed.

Error 14

Error 15
Old customer key. New key is needed.

Error 16
This is the wrong key for the meter. New key needed.

Error 17

Error 30
New key needed.

Error 64
New key needed.

Error C1

Error C2
Charge the key at a Paypoint and re-insert the key. If this doesn’t work, a new key is needed.

Error C3
Charge the key at a Paypoint and re-insert the key. If this doesn’t work, a new key is needed.

‘KEY’

‘DEBT’

‘RESET’
If this remains on the screen when the key is removed it indicates a meter fault. An ESO needs to be raised to exchange the meter.

‘RATE 1’
Only Meter fault if remains on screen once key is removed

Error 99

Associate
yer i noticed it was an old thread when i looked for codes but seeing as i was on the forum thought may as well post

my fault was an A5 was a 45 min call out time and had new meter and new key and they topped up all what i claimed on the key btw so all fine ... took 15 mins to install new meter etc so was a good job ...

Associate
Sorry to to resurrect this thread but I have a B2 error when inserting the key and it won't top up when I take it to the shop, I suspect its the key but weirdly the key is Southern Electric yet the Meter is EDF. So the question is who do I contact about getting a new key ?

Back
Top Bottom