Steam Christmas Sale 2011

Soldato
* Steam Christmas Sale 2011 *

steamsale2011banner.jpg

The Steam Xmas Sale 2011 has ended!

A Gimpymoo and neoglow Thread Production ;)

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year to all. The sale brought me some great games, they will keep me going throughout the year, just need to find time to download them all now!

I hope I have been a good (goodish) thread host, I tried to keep the 1st post up to date, in between eating mince pies, opening presents, cooking xmas dinner and generally getting a bit tipsy over xmas! Thanks to Gimpymoo for uploading the pics some days so I could just copy/paste as I could not use the work computers to upload (they are filtered :()

Finally, I hope you all stocked up with games from the sale as I see most of the prices have sky rocketed straight back up! Heres to 2012 and see you again for the next Steam sale!

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20834924&postcount=333

EURO Steam Users

In the Euro Zone? Steam prices inflated compared to the GB Pound? Gimpymoo can help - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18105360

The Xmas Daily Deals 2011 were...

Sunday 01/01/2012 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Final Recap day!

xmassaleday14.jpg

Saturday 31/12/2011

xmassaleday13.jpg

Friday 30/12/2011

steamsale12.jpg

Thursday 29/12/11

ddsteam20112912.JPG

Wednesday 28/12/11

xmassaleday10.jpg

Tuesday 27/12/2011

ddsteam20112712.JPG

Monday 26/12/2011 BOXING DAY!

steamsale8.jpg

Sunday 25/12/2011 XMAS DAY!!! - MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!

steamsale6.jpg

Saturday 24/12/2011 XMAS EVE!!!

NgWZ6.jpg

Friday 23/12/2011

HtHjJ.jpg

Thursday 22/12/2011

6yoCa.jpg

Wednesday 21/12/2011

ddsteam20112112.JPG

Tuesday 20/12/2011

xmassaleday2.jpg

Monday 19/12/2011

ddsteam20111912.jpg

STEAM HOLIDAY SALE ON NOW
Announcement - Valve

The Steam Holiday Sale is on now through Sunday, January 1, 2012. In addition to huge savings throughout the store, the 2011 sale features two special promotions that allow you to win like never before.

The Great Gift Pile challenges gamers to complete up to six objectives each day. Completion of each objective grants the chance to win a free game or discount coupons for select games available on Steam. If you don’t win, no worries, you’ll be given a piece of coal. But hold onto that coal!

Why?

Coal is the ticket to enter the Epic Holiday Giveaway. It’s called Epic because the top prize is every game on Steam. The more coal you have, the better your chance of winning. Players may alternatively choose to magically mix their coal into something shiny and new by “crafting” seven pieces into a gift from the Great Gift Pile. So this year receiving coal is a good thing.

Didn’t get what you want? Of course Steam allows you to trade coal and prizes with your friends.

Further details on these events and information on how it’s progressing may be found here.

Complete information on all the savings, daily deals, featured publisher game packs, compilations and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.

rules2011.PNG

steampacks2011.png

As always, if any of our Euro chums have problems with pricing or availability:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18105360

Get your wallet out your pocket, log into that Paypal account, finish eating that mince and start jumping about like a kid at christmas because...

The sale has started!

So, I wanted to start this thread rolling by wishing everyone a very merry festive period and ask what are you all hoping the Steam Sale will bring you this year or did you blow all your money on the Autumn Sale?

The 2010 sale thread was posted a year ago yesterday, and can be found here -

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18217327

Last years sale ran from 20th Dec 2010 - 2nd Jan 2011 with Daily Deals each day.

Dear Steam-Santa,

I have been a very good boy this year and for christmas I would like......

:)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I want some good deals on:

Anno 2070
Batman: AC
Skyrim

To be honest. I cant think of that much. I find Steam sales usually take me by surprise and pop up with games that I wouldn't normally think of buying at full price but are worth a bash at sale prices.

Permabanned
Just looking for drops on Batman AC and that Deus Ex HR DLC. ...And I'll probably end up with 2-3 more just because :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Ass creed brotherhood
Dirt 3
Streetfighter
Sengoku - though would prefer to get that via gamersgate, they always gave Christmas sales as well
Deus ex dlc
Shogun 2 dlc
Saints row 3 if cheap enough
Trine 2

Other than that I will Prob surprise myself.

Caporegime
I really want to be involved this year, but Ive pretty much avoided the Steam sales this year, just little point with me having a 280GTX and only switching on my PC to sync my phone.

Hopefully there be some Mac compatible games I can play on my MBP though...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
if street fighter arcade, smash cars and skyrim come up cheap...i will be happy

obviously i will buy a shed load more than that as i am a steam sale tart though...oh well

Soldato
I must admit i do like the steam sales, although this year is going to be terrible I can just feel it.

I will try and resist as much as possible but im pretty sure I will walk away with at least 1 title!

Associate
Dear Santa, can you please send me Shogun 2 + all dlc for next to nowt. Just ressurected my interest in Empire Total War and enjoying the Indian Warpath campaign (now on verge of eliminating all european factions from North America, under my new coalition of Indian Native Alliance).

Soldato
Hopefully they will reduce the cost of the Stalker games then I'll buy them all. I already own the Chernobyl one on disc but I would love them all in my Steam collection.

Still I have got quite a lot of games that I have bought recently in various Steam sales still waiting to be installed.

I bought the complete Oblivion game, with the DLC's, not long ago and actually installed that one. Then I spent a few days installing all the various mods and that has been as far as I have got.!

Still I'm a sucker for the Steam sales, as well as the Android ones ongoing, so no doubt I will grab a few that I will never play :(

Back
Top Bottom