• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Catalyst: Do these display presets EVER work?? Bleh.

Soldato
Just wondering if Im alone with this problem or if its something a lot of you encounter - or is it something Im doing wrong?!

In the Catalyst Control Center you can set PRESETS as all you people with AMD graphics cards know..

Well my gaming rig is hooked up to 3 monitors (Eyefinity) and one 32" HDTV (using HDMI).

Now of course I can only run either the triple-screen Eyefinity OR the HDTV.

So I made 2 presets:

1. The first preset is for Eyefinity (all 3 monitors on) [CTRL+ALT+E]
2. The 2nd preset DISABLES all three monitors but ENABLES the Panasonic HDTV.[CTRL+ALT+T]

As you can see I gave them their own hotkey combos.

Heres the :mad: bit.

Once Im done gaming on the TV and decide to go back to Eyefinity I press CTRL+ALT+T. Catalyst blinks for a few seconds and the three screens come on.....

....but NOT in Eyefinity mode :confused: Instead they are just cloned. So I have to create the Eyefinity Display Group EACH time I switch from HDTV to the three monitors.

Why cant Catalyst remember that the 3 mons were in Eyefinity mode and just revert to that when the hotkeys are pressed?!

Sorry..a bit of a rambling post I know but Im trying hard to find a fix and Im pulling hair out now...any thoughts..if you had the same issue and fixed it lemme know how you did that!

Thanx :D

Last edited:
Associate
I don't know if it's still the case but in order to save all the ccc settings you need to switch to basic view before saving the profile. If you're in the advanced view, only the changed settings are saved.

Soldato
I don't know about Basic View, but in Advanced only the applied state of settings screen that your currently on is save to a user made Preset.

1. The first preset is for Eyefinity (all 3 monitors on) [CTRL+ALT+E]
2. The 2nd preset DISABLES all three monitors but ENABLES the Panasonic HDTV.[CTRL+ALT+T]

I did it your way.

I found that if you hit the hotkeys twice it works. So first hit will enable displays extend/duplicate the second hit will go Eyefinity.

But BaDBoY_uK way should be easier.

CCC presets should have been left how they were before where you set multiple inclusions in 1 preset and not have to make 1 for each setting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you break your PC?. :p

The thing is my HD TV is on the second card as my cards have only 3 outputs each and because i use CF disabling and enabling displays across 2 cards can be a slightly different affair so i had to do everything with CF disabled to mimic the OP's conditions.

And no i didnt break my PC :p:p:D

Last edited:

J.D

J.D

Soldato
The thing is my HD TV is on the second card as my cards have only 3 outputs each and because i use CF disabling and enabling displays across 2 cards can be a slightly different affair so i had to do everything with CF disabled to mimic the OP's conditions.

And no i didnt break my PC :p:p:D

:D Even if you did break it I bet you've got parts to build another 2-3 AMD systems haha.

That was really nice of you to go through all that. Kudos +1

Sorry mate, I just want to keep poking you in the internet-thread-ribs for some strange reason :confused:, await my next hijack!! :D.

Soldato
:D Even if you did break it I bet you've got parts to build another 2-3 AMD systems haha.

That was really nice of you to go through all that. Kudos +1

Sorry mate, I just want to keep poking you in the internet-thread-ribs for some strange reason :confused:, await my next hijack!! :D.

LOL.

And i do have enough parts to build 2 more AMD systems, im just looking for your hidden camera.

Also it reminded me of a problem that i had solved but forgotten to post with some users going from PLP extended to Eyefinity and going back to extended and not being able to rotate back to PLP because the rotate was greyed out.

Last edited:

J.D

J.D

Soldato
LOL.

And i do have enough parts to build 2 more AMD systems, im just looking for your hidden camera.

Also it reminded me of a problem that i had solved but forgotten to post with some users going from PLP extended to Eyefinity and going back to extended and not bring able to rotate back to PLP because the rotate was greyed out.

Haha you'll never find it!!!. I started getting into overclocking when the San Diego Athlons were out and top dog over Intel's P4. My first being the 3700+, it had the dreaded CABGE (I called it cabbage) stepping code and only got to 2.6Ghz even with extreme volts. Others were hitting 2.8-3Ghz with better stepping codes with less volts. I came here a few years ago with my red tinted shades on and since then have seen you go through your AMD systems so gathered you might have a few AMD parts kicking about ;).

I'm more nuetral now but I was an owner of the R600 which got done over by Microsoft and Nvidia. Also on Assassins Creed with the removal of the benefits for DX10.1 users which was the 3000 series that was halved in price, halved in heat, halved in power draw and I think nearly halved with noise. With Nvidia been given a life-line from Microsoft like that and then hammering a blow to AMD was ruthless but business is business, I just thought that was disgusting.

Have you got a picture of your rig and screens handy?. (I want more informatiopn so I can stalk you :D)

Soldato
OP
I don't know about Basic View, but in Advanced only the applied state of settings screen that your currently on is save to a user made Preset.

I did it your way.

I found that if you hit the hotkeys twice it works. So first hit will enable displays extend/duplicate the second hit will go Eyefinity.

But BaDBoY_uK way should be easier.

CCC presets should have been left how they were before where you set multiple inclusions in 1 preset and not have to make 1 for each setting.

Cool! I just got home! Typing this on the laptop downstairs but after some dinner Im gonna go to the gaming rig and try this out!

I didnt think of using the basic screen at all, in fact I kind of didnt know much of it being there hee hee. I will have a look at that also.

Will let ya all know how I got along, thanks for the responses :)

Soldato
Haha you'll never find it!!!. I started getting into overclocking when the San Diego Athlons were out and top dog over Intel's P4. My first being the 3700+, it had the dreaded CABGE (I called it cabbage) stepping code and only got to 2.6Ghz even with extreme volts. Others were hitting 2.8-3Ghz with better stepping codes with less volts. I came here a few years ago with my red tinted shades on and since then have seen you go through your AMD systems so gathered you might have a few AMD parts kicking about ;).

I'm more nuetral now but I was an owner of the R600 which got done over by Microsoft and Nvidia. Also on Assassins Creed with the removal of the benefits for DX10.1 users which was the 3000 series that was halved in price, halved in heat, halved in power draw and I think nearly halved with noise. With Nvidia been given a life-line from Microsoft like that and then hammering a blow to AMD was ruthless but business is business, I just thought that was disgusting.

Have you got a picture of your rig and screens handy?. (I want more informatiopn so I can stalk you :D)

Got no pics of the RIG yet, i will put some up later this year with the rebuild.

But i got an old pic of the screens here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19870536&postcount=8.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Got no pics of the RIG yet, i will put some up later this year with the rebuild.

But i got an old pic of the screens here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19870536&postcount=8.

Thanks for that. It looks brilliant and even more so in the dark. I'd love it for single player games as it would be so immersive. I'll have to treat myself to 3 new screens later this year maybe as I think I'll be getting a 7970 soon and 1920x1440 seems a bit easy.

Looking forward to the rebuild :D.

Soldato
OP
I did it your way. I found that if you hit the hotkeys twice it works.

Nice 1 m8 :) I just tried that and it worked perfectly :D

Thanks for that, a lot of frustration just ended!! Woot..now I can switch from 3 mons to one HDTV really fast.

And just as an aside I gotta say - a heavily-tweaked Skyrim (HD textures etc) looks AWESOME on a big HDTV. It looks like a movie!!

I cant wait for my CONSOLE-PLAYIN mates to come over and see their shock & awe :o

Back
Top Bottom