Please help with my BSOD problem!

Soldato
Hi,

I've been having BSOD problems for a while now... I can't find what is causing it.

Symptoms: Blue Screens of Death occuring seemingly randomly, during games, during movies, during web browsing. The error message is usually different but sometimes it's the same I think (don't have time to write it down or anything). Frequency varies, sometimes it happens once a day, sometimes 2 times a week.

To attempt to explain how it happens: The PC freezes for 1 second, then the BSOD pops up, the second that the PC freezes the sound locks and repeats like a buzzing sound, the sound repeats until the BSOD screen is gone and the PC reboots.

What I've tried:
- Check drivers (All are up to date, I've tried different versions of graphics drivers and re-installed both graphics and audio drivers)
- Check for overheating (Nothing is overheating)
- Run Memtest (No errors)
- Run HDTune (No errors)
- Run Avast Virus scan (Nothing)
- Format Hard Drive and re-install Windows (This pretty much rules out any software issue)
- Swap Graphics card for a 8800 GTX (Seems to still occur with this card)
- Remove sound card (Problem persisted)

So, I'm rather at a loss as to what to do next. What is left that could be causing it? Motherboard or CPU?

System:
Win7 64bit
i5 760
8GB RAM
GTX 470
ASUS Xonar D2
ASUS P7P59D-E
OCZ ZS Series 650W '80 Plus Bronze'

The 5 latest Minidump files: https://rapidshare.com/files/2224044247/Minidump.rar

Thank you very much for any help. I'm getting desperate now. :(

Last edited:
Associate
I had similar problems like this around a year ago with my Phenom before I moved to Intel.

I did everything you have tried and in the end was left with the CPU and motherboard (which was also an ASUS). It turned out that it was the motherboard at fault in the end.

CPU's very rarely go faulty as such. If you can, RMA your mobo with ASUS.

Soldato
OP
I had similar problems like this around a year ago with my Phenom before I moved to Intel.

I did everything you have tried and in the end was left with the CPU and motherboard (which was also an ASUS). It turned out that it was the motherboard at fault in the end.

CPU's very rarely go faulty as such. If you can, RMA your mobo with ASUS.

It would be terrible luck if it was a faulty motherboard, I've already RMA'd it once, my first one had a faulty memory module. I wish there was a way to test it for errors or something.

Soldato
OP
Well if no one else has any ideas, I guess I'm going to try and get a replacement Motherboard to test if it's that, and if it persists I will do the same with PSU. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom