Hitman Absolution Pre-Order.

Soldato
Anyone else taken the plunge? I couldn't see any related threads :)

Quite looking forward to Sniper Challenge even thought PC users have to wait a bit longer for it... incidently, does anyone know how online sellers will send out the codes when they're available?

Associate
Hitman for me is one of the greatest gaming franchises in history and every game I have loved and still play to this day. Each game has missions that are classics and the re-playability is incredible and I get the feeling Absolution will be no different and the Sniper Challenge is already proving me right lol

I keep playing it over and over (already unlocked all the perks for both the PC and Xbox version lol) and love that I keep trying to find a different method or order to take out the guards just to boost my score that bit more. I have just over 1.8million points as my standard score now but really want to try and figure out where to squeeze more from

Also the new engine looks incredible and the devs are impressing me once again. It may have been years since the last Hitman but it looks like he is back better than ever :)

Associate
I want to get it but I'm waiting for a good deal :)

What kind of good deal? It's not out till November so you won't see it in any sales till well after Xmas. Steam have it at 10% off pre purchase right now which will be as good as a deal as you'll get for a while BUT you can pre order the game from Zavvi for free, get the Sniper Challenge and then cancel the pre order meaning you get to try the Sniper Challenge completely free lol

Soldato
yes this game looks interesting, i'm after a shooter or something like Deux Ex.

i like it in Deux Ex when you can sneak around, this makes gaming so interesting, kill 3 guards leave the bodies in a pile all together, right out in the open and place a gas mine beside them, it works every time :) meanwhile you're hiding inside an air vent waiting... excellent !

Deus Ex is brilliant for laying traps like this, especially in the DLC, most shooters are just run and gun, but Deus Ex is on another level altogether.

i've never played a tactical game as good as Deus Ex, Hitman looks similar

Soldato
yea it looks great, the sniper challenge looks great too, i wonder how long this stand alone game is, nice long time i hope

Associate
no point then, i'll get it with the main game, i'll get the main game with FAR CRY 3 at xmas

before this borderlands 2 and bulletstorm

Well you wont get it with the main game but never mind lol. Its an exclusive mission just for leaderboards and to unlock special stuff for the main game. It is worth it considering its free

Soldato
yes this game looks interesting, i'm after a shooter or something like Deux Ex.

i like it in Deux Ex when you can sneak around, this makes gaming so interesting, kill 3 guards leave the bodies in a pile all together, right out in the open and place a gas mine beside them, it works every time :) meanwhile you're hiding inside an air vent waiting... excellent !

Deus Ex is brilliant for laying traps like this, especially in the DLC, most shooters are just run and gun, but Deus Ex is on another level altogether.

i've never played a tactical game as good as Deus Ex, Hitman looks similar
It's a fair bit slower than Deus Ex, as stealth is more your only option than an option. I mean, you can shoot everyone to get your objective done if you want, but there's no easy way of taking out multiple enemies, so you still have to do it carefully.

Hitman is more about tactics about how you're going to get around a troublesome guard, rather than how you're going to kill him. That said, I love both games, so there's no reason you shouldn't either. :)

If you've never played the series before, why not give one of the older games a try? Hitman 2 is on GOG isn't it?

Soldato
It's a fair bit slower than Deus Ex, as stealth is more your only option than an option. I mean, you can shoot everyone to get your objective done if you want, but there's no easy way of taking out multiple enemies, so you still have to do it carefully.

Hitman is more about tactics about how you're going to get around a troublesome guard, rather than how you're going to kill him. That said, I love both games, so there's no reason you shouldn't either. :)

If you've never played the series before, why not give one of the older games a try? Hitman 2 is on GOG isn't it?

yea i know, it sounds more like Sam Fisher, which is no bad thing, i'm looking for something more like Deus Ex though

Soldato
Then depending on how you played DE:HR you're probably looking in the wrong place. Hitman was always been about the planning. How do you get in without being noticed? Where can you get hold of disguises? How do you get rid of this guy in silence? How do you keep the bodies hidden? Can you make it look like an accident? What can you do if you get discovered without causing a major disturbance?

The execution (pun intended :p) is just so you can play it out.

Soldato
when i play DEUS EX i'm pretty clumsy, i get detected quite often by cameras etc, i just dont notice them, or they hear my footsteps :D

i have to try really hard before i go totally undetected, which actually i quite enjoy, but i dont like sneaking past them to be honest, i much prefer killing them, i'm more of a Serious Sam style shooter.

Hitman sounds too fussy, i'd much rather sneak up behind them and give them both barrels, it's so much more amusing :D

Back
Top Bottom