Power Boosting Oil

Soldato
Now that is quite a claim. I can believe it to an extent as when the oil starts to get old on the golf you feel a marked increase in turbo lag

Man of Honour
To an extent it'll make a difference, but I'd like to see them put the old oil back in fresh (A-B-A style test) - bet it would give another random number. Not exactly the most scientific way of doing it, many other factors could have an effect on it all.

Soldato
Hmmmmmm......
Not sure i buy it.
As i see it oils can have no advantages other than extraction of heat and engine wear.
Power increases just seem a little bs??

Soldato
I would be more concerned with its long term viability, all well and good having a nice power boost for the first week but how does it deal with the acids and solvents that gather in the oil over months of driving. What are its break down properties etc.

Maybe it is awesome stuff but oil has to do a hell of a lot of work in many areas so I wouldnt be in rush to throw it in a modern sensitive engine until its been around and real world tested for some time.

Soldato
It's Millers so it should be good quality but the "spherical nanoparticles" parts sounds exactly the same as ZX-1 that you put into normal oil to have the same effect (fills the "pits" in metal surfaces same as the Millers stuff) -

Caporegime
It's has no OEM specs and diesel soot is a nano particle...

Also all oils form tribofilms, the most comment is from ZDDP anti wear.

25hp from an oil too, really? It's just so ridiculous

Last edited:
Soldato
a few HP maybe! but 24hp :rolleyes:

You have to question the dyno/operatior with that sort of difference.

Dyno's are so inaccurate/infallable and certainly dont offer reliable results so i'd even argue the VXR's results are simple down the tolerance.

Soldato
It's Millers so it should be good quality but the "spherical nanoparticles" parts sounds exactly the same as ZX-1 that you put into normal oil to have the same effect (fills the "pits" in metal surfaces same as the Millers stuff)

Do these things actually work or are they just an extra dose of the lubricant additives already in your engine oil?

Back
Top Bottom