sky on demand keeps disapearing.

Soldato
we have a sky+HD box (dont no which) and virgin 100mb with a superhub.

we get on demand but after a few days it disappears and we have to reset the router and pull the plug on the sky box to get it back.

nothing is unplugged or powered down. anyone have a similar problem and maybe a fix?

when it goes off 'anytime' appears instead.

Associate
Using your Sky remote, could you press <Services> 0 3 and post the first two lines and the details beside the 'Manufacturer' line?

Also could you ensure that you have the latest firmware on your VM router.

Associate
Got sky in dec, it worked for 1 day and hasn't worked since. I've given up with it, wired connection. Spent more time on the phone to sky than I can remember, even had an engineer come out to replace box and still won't work.

The most annoying thing is I get a text from sky telling to activate it every couple of days!

Associate
Got sky in dec, it worked for 1 day and hasn't worked since. I've given up with it, wired connection. Spent more time on the phone to sky than I can remember, even had an engineer come out to replace box and still won't work.

The most annoying thing is I get a text from sky telling to activate it every couple of days!

Kind of a bit off topic this. :cool:

Associate
Sorry, perhaps I misread the comment. The way it was phrased it could be any product from Sky which wasn't working.

If your On Demand isn't working, could you take a look at the guide linked below to see if it helps please:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-demand/51400-how-get-demand.html

One thing I did ask though was information about the STB. There is a reason for this.

Last edited:
Associate
I've actually read that before scubbie and still no joy.

MagicBoy I'm out of the UK at the moment but home tomorrow so to set your mind at ease ill post all the info for you. Hopefully then you can continue, I'd be very grateful of your assumed technical insight.

Soldato
OP
Using your Sky remote, could you press <Services> 0 3 and post the first two lines and the details beside the 'Manufacturer' line?

Also could you ensure that you have the latest firmware on your VM router.

model number R005.053.70.15p
version number 4f31a9

manufacturer sky

Associate
Thank you utajoker.

That tells me that you have a DRX890. The firmware you have is what is currently on the DR Stream.

I have seen some posts over on the Sky forum where people have had issues with the VM router. Keep an eye open for the next firmware update as I am fairly sure that it has been addressed.

In that thread which I linked to above is some suggestions for setting a fixed IP Address. This may help. Another idea might be to change the DNS Servers on your VM router to OpenDNS or Google.

Please do check that you have the latest firmware for the router as VM may have fixed the issue too.

Soldato
OP
super hub has the latest.

i no that the super hub sucks, will hopefully be replacing it as soon as possible.
atleast i know what is the problem now.

thx for the help. i will try the changes you say.

Back
Top Bottom