AVS video editor error 65536

Associate
I'm hoping someone here can suggest something to try and troubleshoot an ongoing issue I have with a program I use to produce HD video called AVS video editor.

It's essentially a basic (compared to Adobe Premiere) timeline video editing program which I have been using for years and when I try to produce a HD video it fails intermittantly with an internal error 65536.

It was working flawlessly on my old PC until I came to use it after a couple of months and it crashed with this error. I rolled back to a previous image I had taken of the PC and it worked again and was able to produce 100% of the video without crashing.

I have since upgraded my PC and was forced to buy another license as you cannot transfer it and I am now getting the same error.

I am using a certain set of settings which were working 100% at one time and I see no reason to change them if it is working. AVS suggest producing the video without multi-core support but this causes drastic slowdown and noticeable framedrop in the video output.

My old PC had 6GB memory and was churning through 100+GB of raw video with no issue and my new PC has 8GB so i'm not convinced that adding more memory would solve it. Could it be some Windows update or a video driver causing it? These are the only things I can think of which get updated quite often.

Can someone recommend a good video editing suite which is reliable and fairly cheap? I am looking at Corel video studio as a potential replacement.

Associate
OP
I downloaded a trial copy of Corel video studio pro last night and whilst it has good features for the price, I was unable to compose a video with decent compression in a custom resolution. A 6 minute HD video in 1080p came out at 800MB whereas it would be around 200MB in AVS video editor with better compression.

I am going to try boosting my system memory to 16GB to try and solve this 65536 error in AVS.

Back
Top Bottom