HALP!! - Can't access BT Home Hub?

Soldato
Trying to access my BT Home Hub 4 via my main desktop PC which is attached via a network cable to the hub. Usually just click on the desktop shortcut I have to get into it but no matter what I do all I get is the page below:-

k8NF1gD.jpg

I've tried switching the power off on the HH4, resetting it with a paper clip, changing to Open DNS, flushed my Chrome DNS cache, tried Firefox and IE - still nothing, can't access the HH4? I've also tried accessing it over wireless via my tablet and iphone as well as another PC with a wireless dongle. Also tried switching off Windows Firewall. Op System is Win 8.1.

Googling the error doesn't come up with much info at all. I'm completely stumped!! :( :confused:

Soldato
OP
is 192.168.0.1 not the HH? You should have a sticker on the HH with the MAC address.

This gets more and more weird. If I type 192.168.0.1 into a browser it shows this:-

9GtZl3R.jpg

What the actual f........????!!! How can that possibly happen? I'm connected via a wired network cable to a BT HomeHub 4, not to a Sky Hub? :eek: :confused:

Soldato
OP
Also, just tried to access a random 'blocked' site. Usually when BT senses you are attempting to do so it just comes up with a plain white page showing 'Error'. But now any browser I use to try and access a site of this type shows the default Sky blocked site page? Just tried it below:-

cv0t1Qg.jpg

Soldato
OP
Guys, there's no wireless capability on the PC I'm using. None. Nada, zilch.

However......

Posted over on Thinkbroadband and someone suggested it was a homeplug pairing with another homeplug next door within our neighbours house. I imagined that would be highly unlikely as surely to pair with a neighbours homeplug you would need to be privvy to their security settings? Obviously not.

We have a homeplug/powerline plugged in to the wall right next to the router into LAN2 on the back of the Homehub 4. The other homeplug is in the dining room where my wife's PC sits and this is connected to her PC. They have been working fine for months. However, and I'm unsure when it happened - at some point the homeplugs have decided to 'pair' with next doors network it would appear. As I said, I had no idea this was possible without access to a neighbours security settings so it didn't even occur to me to check the homeplugs. Every day is a school day!! :D

Now I need to work out why this is happening and how to prevent it, making my homeplug/powerline which is plugged into the router pair up with the one behind my wife's PC. Everything works as it should if I leave the powerline adaptors disconnected. As soon as I connect them up I go back to not being able to access my HH4 admin pages and we seem to be back on next doors network again. I have no idea how to get our homeplugs to pair up with each other rather than pair with next doors!!??

Also, for the purposes of clarity - These homeplugs/powerline adaptors are Newlink HP555DL types with no wireless capability - they are connected via short lengths of LAN cable to the router and the PC belonging to my missus.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not being funny, but didn't you notice a problem when you did IPConfig and considering that your router, you're trying to connect to is using 192.168.1.254 and you computer is connected as 192.168.0.20??

Back
Top Bottom