Speed fan NOT starting when windows 10 starts

Associate
Hello. Just wondering if anyone has resolved this problem or even come across it? I have just upgraded to windows 10 and previously on my old windows 7 installation, speed fan started at startup. i had a short cut to the program in my startup folder. I have looked in task manager and it is there started but its not actually working, i need to manually click the icon for it to work. I have found where my start up folder is and put it in there also but it still doesnt start when rebooted. Anyone got any suggestions to resolve it please?

Associate
I did a clean install.I have afterburner running at startup for GPU temp,but I want RealTemp for CPU also at startup..For now Im using A/Burner to show GPU/CPU temps in taskbar ..

Associate
OP
Afterburner starts up fine, it's just speed fan. It controls 6 case fans and makes it silent at idle but it just won't bloody start when I restart the pc! It's really bugging me and seriously think I will have to downgrade back to windows 7.

Soldato
Maybe compatibility issues? Try running it in compatibility mode for whatever your last OS was - windows 7?

Aside from that, do you need it? I only use the bios now to setup my fans and fan profiles and its fine.

Associate
OP
Thanks for tips, will turn uac off as on middle setting, already tried admin mode. Will try comparability mode also and then if that doesn't work, I will move back to windows 7 as I do definitely need it, far more superior to bios fan control and if you like silent pc's, it's a must!

Man of Honour
I had huge problems getting it to auto start with windows 8, but since I did it also works fine in windows 10. I followed a YouTube video to work out how to do it.

Associate
OP
Well changing uac settings didn't make a difference either. I don't want to uninstall and then install again as I will lose all settings. I have been trying for nearly 2 days now and searched Internet but can't find anyone else with the problem so I reckon it's a roll back to windows 7 for now.

Soldato
What about you delay it starting in case something is conflicting with it?

As you said, it doesn't load on startup but that few seconds later when you open it manually, it opens.

So instead of adding the program to startup, add a bat file to startup that will load and delay the program loading by 5/10 seconds?

Just a thought, not ideal of course.

<pre>@echo off

ping -n 10 127.0.0.1>nul

start "" "add exe location in here"</pre>

Last edited:
Associate
In windows 8/8.1 i had to create a system event to get speedfan to open on startup

Think i used this video to set it up

No idea if the steps are the same in W10 though as i've stopped using speedfan

Associate
OP
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it didnt make a difference, however, the above video let me create a new task and bingo, it works! Thanks so much.

Associate
THE tricky way

hey guys!

Here a tricky way without headaches!

first uac at minimum and right click on speedfan.exe and set it as admin. then,
make a .bat with " start speedfan" inside, after putting in PATH var speedfan folder ; then create a .lnk to the .bat and put in startup folder (win+r and "Shell:Startup"

works 100%...each time....

done!
happy holidays!

magmarage
:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom