"Fake Duracell Industrial batteries"

Soldato
I have just received these from a well trusted ebay seller they seem to be doing the rounds a lot from quite a few places.

Be warned these batteries are not Duracell Alkaline batteries but cheap fake copy's which from googling the part no under the jacket seem to be low quality Zinc Chloride based and not Alkaline as stated.

The pic below shows Genuine batteries on the left and the fakes on the right. If yours look like the ones on the right they are more than likely fake and you should not use them they could potentially leak all kinds of nasty crap.

Just thought I would share help keep the world safe and all that... :)

Soldato
Just ordered some this morning from Amazon. Will check them out when the arrive. Seller seems reputable but you never know.

Soldato
I am not familiar with these. What is the difference between these and normal Duracell?

During my Walkman and early mp3 player years, I was buying batteries on a weekly basis. Now it is a very rare thing.

Soldato
Lot of places rewrapping cheapy knock-off batteries.
It's a big business, especially things like 18650s - One reason why unaware vapers end up blowing their faces off.

Soldato
I have just received these from a well trusted ebay seller they seem to be doing the rounds a lot from quite a few places.

Be warned these batteries are not Duracell Alkaline batteries but cheap fake copy's which from googling the part no under the jacket seem to be low quality Zinc Chloride based and not Alkaline as stated.

The pic below shows Genuine batteries on the left and the fakes on the right. If yours look like the ones on the right they are more than likely fake and you should not use them they could potentially leak all kinds of nasty crap.

Just thought I would share help keep the world safe and all that... :)

I can check for you if you like? If you wouldn't mind sending the eBay sellers name in trust also?

Do both boxes have the same EAN/Barcode number?

Off the top of my head the box on the right is the actual correct box with a serial ending in OJ. I have never seen the box/packaging for the ones on the left.

Soldato
The best place for cheap batteries is Poundland.

Ebay is notorious for fakes.

tbh I don't really trust poundland to supply a quality product. Most of the cheap batteries in poundland are carbon zinc so not very good to start with. They do alkaline batteries but normally only in packs of 4 batteries for £1

A lot of their stock comes from whatever random stuff they find available in China so I wouldn't put it out of the realms of possibility for them to accidentally buy fakes. iirc some chargers from poundland have been known to be dodgy non-compliant fire catching house burning down type

Soldato
OP
I can check for you if you like? If you wouldn't mind sending the eBay sellers name in trust also?

Do both boxes have the same EAN/Barcode number?

Off the top of my head the box on the right is the actual correct box with a serial ending in OJ. I have never seen the box/packaging for the ones on the left.

The ones on the left are the genuine ones. The ones on the right are the fakes.... :)

Man of Honour
Ive ordered a load of Duracells due to arrive today from Amazon. They were actually direct from Duracell I think, but will check as they did seem cheap for AA's.

Back
Top Bottom