Looking for a 49" 4K TV for living room (~£700)

Associate
Hi all,

We're in the market for a new TV. We're looking for a 49" TV. 4K if possible, and wall mounted so not fussed about the stand.

Will be used for watching normal TV, as well as football, so no motion blur is important. We were about to pull the trigger on a Samsung 49" but then read reviews about motion blur while watching football, which I'd like to keep away from.

We've always had Sony's, any had great picture quality, but I'm open to other makes. (Plus, annoyingly, the Sony's VESA mounts tend to be low down the set rather than in the centre)

Also, may look to add a Sonos soundbar in the future so would like the TV to have Dolby Digital via the optical out.

Is anyone able to recommend any sets for me to go look at?

Many thanks,

Edward

Soldato
Samsung ue49ks7000 seems to be the best reviewed TV, and reports from owners here see to be good.

What mode are the samsungs in when people complain about sports?

Associate
OP
I have recently purchased a Samsung UE49KU6400 and would recommend it to anyone that has a £700 budget.

http://www.s21.com/samsung-ue49ku6400.htm

Excellent. This was the TV we were about to purchase, but I was worried when I read online about some of the motion blur when watching sports.

Do you have Sky TV at all, and Sky Sports? I'd love to know if you notice, or have noticed any motion blur at all when watching normal TV and sports.

I'll try and head into the shops this weekend to take a look myself, but it would be good to hear from others.

Many thanks,

Edward

Associate
OP
Also, could you please take a photo of the rear of the set? I can't seem to find a photo/diagram anywhere online or in any support documents.

Where are the VESA mounting positions on it? I see that the set is a 400x400 VESA but wondering if the screw holes are more central, or lower (like on the Sony's)

Thanks,

Edward

Associate
Do you have Sky TV at all, and Sky Sports? I'd love to know if you notice, or have noticed any motion blur at all when watching normal TV and sports.

Yes and Yes, I watched the Liverpool v Man U last night in fact, I didn't notice any obvious blurring.

I'll take a closer look tonight.

Also, could you please take a photo of the rear of the set? I can't seem to find a photo/diagram anywhere online or in any support documents.

I know it is not the same model but the rear of the TV if I remember rightly is very similar to this:
http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/ku7000/ku7000-back-large.jpg

However, I check tonight for you to see if there are any differences.

Associate
Purchased the 6400...picking this up tonight.

Looking for a soundbar now...not sure what kind of budget i should aim for...upto £200?
Any recommendations?

Associate
Sorry not up to speed with soundbars.

I had one for my old TV, as my previous had poor quality in-built speakers. However, the Samsung's are pretty decent compared to my old tv and bar, so I only use the TV speakers atm.

Associate
OP
We ended up ordering the 6400 in the end. It's being delivered today. Looking forward to setting it up. Does anyone have any good settings for it as opposed to default ones?

Cheers, and thanks all for your help.

Edward

Associate
Sorry not up to speed with soundbars.

I had one for my old TV, as my previous had poor quality in-built speakers. However, the Samsung's are pretty decent compared to my old tv and bar, so I only use the TV speakers atm.

Agree the sound feels decent so maynt bother just yet

Associate
We ended up ordering the 6400 in the end. It's being delivered today. Looking forward to setting it up. Does anyone have any good settings for it as opposed to default ones?

Cheers, and thanks all for your help.

Edward

Yes does anyone have any suggestions...HD looks great, standard tv, the picture looks poor to me. This is coming from a 10yr old Panasonic HD tv.

Is it the "Soap Opera Effect"? As the picture seems a tad delayed/juddery....were using the HD cables supplied by Sky, would it be worth upgrading?
Im a newbie to these things...havent a clue, a friend suggested have the tv in Movie Mode (Picture Quality)

Back
Top Bottom