Budget Build- Ensco 100

Soldato
Ensco 100 ( see how many can guess the meaning of it. Hint, off the coast of Scotland)

With a Budget of £750, following parts make their home

Jonsbo C3 Black with Window
Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H
Intel i5 6500
Gigabyte GeForce RX 480 G1 4GB
128GB M.2 Drive SM961
Toshiba P300 2TB 3.5''
BeQuiet Pure Rock 120 PWM
NZXT Hue+
Team Group Elite 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4
Kolink KL-500M 500W
Windows 10 Pro

Must say the C3 case is small! and the Quality is high as you'll see including wrapping all the bare aluminum in the case. The brush quality is the same as my Silverstone TJ07 and Jonsbo UMX4. Lian Li on a budget !
Window is darkened plexi, would have loved it to be glass but at the price its understandable - shouldn't be to hard to have one made really.
NZXT Hue will light it up nicely

RX 480 4GB will be leading the field, got it on a deal as someone forgot to update the black Friday prices :)
Hearing all the talk about it running hot and loud then other vendors- of course! its one of the only few that actually cool all 3 components on the main heatsink whilst being small and using 2 fans.
To help improve, Liquid Metal compound will be used along with better heat pads. Hopefully make some difference along with custom fan curve.
Was half tempted for the MSI but cooling put me off even though its quieter .

Never Used the Kolink PSU before but at the price, cant complain and is simi-modular - helping it edge out the beQuiet PSUs

Left protective film on for pics, not ideal but needs to be kept scratch-less

beQuiet PureRock Slim should be enough for the 6500 :)

Case will be running Negative pressure, Is a larger filter on the bottom as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
more snaps :)

Will add Liquid Metal Pads after first benches to see if it helps bring down the temps

next up

Samung Polaris PM961 128GB shall find its way into the m.2 slot :)

Associate
Ashamed to say I'd never heard of Jonsbo before, but just checked out their website and they make some proper cool stuff, nice find!

Looking seriously good for a 'budget' build :)

Soldato
OP
Ashamed to say I'd never heard of Jonsbo before, but just checked out their website and they make some proper cool stuff, nice find!

Looking seriously good for a 'budget' build :)

Seriously good cases , for 50 Euros the quality is on par with lian li and Silverstone ! Every non coated metal work was covered in plastic film protection. Took 20 mins to remove !
UMX series is even better !
Just a shame only one place in UK stocks and range isn't that big, Germany stocks more designs but not all :(
Would be nice to see OCUK stock, sold under Cooltek in EU

Thanks for all the comments . half built last night and have a special something to replace the current CPU cooler

Soldato
OP
Manged to get some work done on Friday evening. would have been compete if for not having to remove protective film!

Cable management still to do but here are the before pics :)

Also , some snaps of the Gigabyte GTX 1080 Turbo for testing within the case, should push the thermal limits of the card and case :D

Such a shame its not sold here :( recon this could easily go for £570/80 on here and it uses the Windforce/G1 board.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...0-gtx-g1-gigabyte-nickel-plexi-wc-9b5-ek.html

Possible £675 for a watercooled Non ref board would be a pretty sweet deal :D

As mentioned Liquid Metal Pad to go on the core after first thermal tests, also tempted to slap a G1 backplate on there aswell, or left over heatsinks for the VRM and RAM backside

Gonna be close call, max GPU length support is 270mm, Board is 266 but casing just over hangs slightly unlike ASUS's Turbo version...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Teaser shots .

Will up load full res next week.
XTC700 runs nice and cool :) 41c running Asus Realbench / Intel Extreme Stress + Unigene Valley with GPU hitting 71c . all with one 120mm exhaust and no intake fans

Mist admit the HDD cage adds a nice touch with the holes for lighting :)

Soldato
OP
some snaps of the XTC700 :)

overall its a good solid cooler! but mixed signals with the pre-built heatsink and fan system but uses mounting systems more commonly found on water blocks.
In a nut shell, ,mono has to be out for heatsink to be attached yet mounting system can be done with the board in the case! would have been easier if fans came unattached as heatsink could be mounted within a case.
maybe if the fans and RGB unit clicked over the Sink like a clip it would be perfect!

The Unit comes preassembled which does save a nice amount of time but also is a down side if your using this cooler as an upgrade

As you can see its mounting resembles water coolers then more in the likes of phanteks etc.
Backplate gets a threaded screw and nut , passes through and another washer and but and is secured against the board

Cooler plate is mounted to the based by two screwa, easy to do but if you look at the last pick you see the mounting locations are blocked by the fans. A washer and large female thumb spring but holds down the cooler , this can't be done in the confines of a case but easy if the mobo is out and can be accessed from the sides

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wow thats massive when fitted :D

will having those 2 fans so close not cause any issues? or noise?

165mm , case can take a max of 170. I'm guessing this with the board layout makes the cooler seem huge but dimensions are in line with others, although I'm guessing the RGB unit adds about 10mm to the height .

Did notice a slight whistle when CPU revs up hard but goes , very small snag with the build fit but needs to have that 120 to draw eberylast bit of heat from the system as CPU fans have a low RPM with the i5 6500

Looking nice :) Not sure if I'd trust that PSU though

So far so goog, with a 20 hour stress test of various parts .
Will have to research which factory it came from, only about 3 in China that make every company's power supply, think only one brand actually owns their factory outfit. Will have to dig out my emails and check

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I never knew that was a thing you could do, learn something new every day :)

When I said research, really it was asking a lotnof questions to company's and finding out details . PSU info came from a guy that designed Case, also found out which is getting more common now by all cases looking the same, there's again only a handful of factories that make the cases, send out the design details to say corsair and they can have parts fabricated for the chassis .
In Win is a major OEM maker , and their cases actually cost a lot for them to produce and not really in it for the profit for their own cases . just a product show off :)

Soldato
OP
Can that case only accomodate one fan?

Will be interesting to see temperatures :)

Just a rear 120, negative pressure , filter only at the bottom :/

Temps ;
Intel stress test

Asus RealBench for CPU & GPU

Intel stress + Unigene Valley 1080p

So, good temps :)

Few more with basic lighting case lighting

Open case shots with NZXT Hue+ Lighting

Close up shots

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Window on shots

Wasn't to sure with the HDD rack of keeping it on but kept it on to hide the cables. After getting the Hue+ finally updated, glad I did as it adds a lovely effect to the lighting

Back
Top Bottom