011-air love

Associate
build started in nov finally got round to finishing it this month went with the 011 air as not seen many builds in them case has grown on me i quite like the agreesive lines to it.
5900x 3080 fe enjoy! TsDXOfV.png hxmFMLL.jpg O2Wdqro.jpg Rh1MMIy.jpg V1UrcFS.jpg FkgBL7Z.jpg kjNIH9r.jpg UCArMCE.jpg TcFzh5X.jpg

Associate
OP
Thanks yeah i re used the classic fittings from my old build agree though matt silver woulda looked a lot better but them fittings cost a arm and leg as is haha

Associate
OP
forgot to mention if anyone is considering fitting a 360 rad into a standard 011 base and going vertical with a gpu like myn it most likley wont fit as in give you good clearence for fans when the pci cable is connected
ek's offerings only do a 28mm slim rad that didn't work in myn i had to go with a 20mm xspc rad and a modded gpu mount as mostly all gpu mounts dont utilise the very top slot and thats where i needed myn to sit
buy yeah won't have that issue in a xl

Associate
That looks amazing.

This is no criticism I'm just curious. Why didn't you use the distro plate that you can get for 011? It would probably have cost the same as all them fittings you have used around the back and made it a hell of a lot easier.

After reading the rest of the posts, you already owned the fittings.

Very nice build.
Refreshing something without a distro. ;)
I feel like they make the whole thing look better

Last edited:
Associate
OP
any photos of the modded vertical mount?
https://imgur.com/dXDHpTm
i dont, but this is the plate it will fit in the top slot withought any mods i just had cut one of the slots as it was catching one of the dp ports as i run 3 monitors
that and two 3mm washers at the top where you screw down just so it was level with my resevoir , rest of the hardline tubing keeps it in place

Associate
OP
That looks amazing.

This is no criticism I'm just curious. Why didn't you use the distro plate that you can get for 011? It would probably have cost the same as all them fittings you have used around the back and made it a hell of a lot easier.

After reading the rest of the posts, you already owned the fittings.

I feel like they make the whole thing look better

appreciate that! yes was going for a custom look rather then a plug in distro and be done too many of these about imo , also like a bit of a challenge haha

Back
Top Bottom